Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mbell1960 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2008, 05:23 PM
    How do creditors find your bank accounts?
    How do the creditors find your bank accts? I just wondered because I have accounts garnished at one bank and not at another.

Thanks
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 02:31 PM
    They probably were satisfied with one bank and stopped looking after one. Consider yourself lucky that they missed the other account.
    Fastfun1 Posts: 80, Reputation: 11

Jun 11, 2008, 03:20 PM
    Retail banks use a reprting agency by the name of CHEX. Creditors will obtain information from a CHEX report. All retail banks report to CHEX; this does, however, exclude credit unions.
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Jun 11, 2008, 03:37 PM
    Don't be surprised if with in a few days that other account at a different bank gets "hit" also. Most of the time when they find one they will the other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do creditors find your bank account [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement against me, and they drained my bank account down to zero. How do they find where you are banking if I didn't tell them

One person, Two bank accounts, One bank. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm quite a young and unexperienced adult... I need a second bank account and my question is... Do banks allow you to have two bank accounts for one person in the same bank?

Creditors and bank accounts [ 8 Answers ]

I have a default judgment against me for credit card debt. I have motioned to have the default set aside because I was not served as they claimed I was. I don't have a bank account in my name but my wife has one in her name where her ssi checks are auto deposited. I have read in this forum that a...

Judgments and bank accounts [ 3 Answers ]

My Wife and I are involved in a law suit , we are the defendants, my name can be removed from the suit my wife can not be removed, should she lose in court and a judgment is entered against her, if I removed her name from the bank accounts will this protect me from them attaching it?

Creditors closing good accounts? [ 3 Answers ]

Can a creditor close a zero balance, paid as agreed status acct if it was not included in a Chapter 7?. My employer ( whom I hold a retail credit card) has automatically closed my account on me? Is this not fraud to report this reporting, when it was never included?

View more questions Search