Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madonna1928 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Small under skin painful lump on left lower leg
    I have a small, under the skin, painful lump on the front of my left shin. It has been there for approximately two weeks. It did not begin to hurt until yesterday. I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow, but I thought perhaps someone out there may have had this and might have an explanation for it. I am 58 years old and I am in good health. I do not remember hitting my leg, but you never know. My activity consists of your everyday activities at work and at home. In other words, I do not exercise as much as I should so I do not think I pulled any muscles.

I woud appreciate any feedback that you can give to me.

Thank you.

:confused:
    AlwaysWriting Posts: 131, Reputation: 6

Jun 10, 2008, 08:44 AM
    It might be something as harmless as a fatty tumor, to perhaps a cancerous lump. Also, have you been stung by any insects in that region? Sometime the poison causes a lump, it can take months to disappear. Good luck with the doctor!
    madonna1928 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 04:32 AM
    You know what, that was a great answer. I never thought of an insect bite. I am in the garden a lot, especially this time of the year getting rid of all of the weeds. Yes, I have been bitten, stung, you name it over the last few weeks. I bet it is an insect bite even without a mark.

It actually feels smaller and with less pain today. I have a Dr. appointment this afternoon, so I will get confirmation at that time.

Thanks so much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower left abdomen and lower backpain [ 3 Answers ]

My lower left abdomen really hurts with my lower backpain and its just happen right after my husband and I have sex,but before that I frequently feel numb un my left arm and leg. :confused: someone help me...

Lump the size of a small nails head side of my nose under skin what is it? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am 14, and I have a very small lump on the side of my nose,which I have only just noticed, you can't see it, it is under the skin, can you please tel me what it is and what I should do??

Small dark colored lump under skin of penis shaft [ 1 Answers ]

So as of today (I would have noticed this before today I like to look at it lol) I noticed a very small lump, dark colored/purpleish lump under the skin of my penis near the tip, but on the shaft. If you take a normal pen and look at the tip of it, the metal piece, its about half that size maybe a...

Cluster of bites on lower back. Painful & VERY itchy! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have never used this site before, but thought I might give it a try. Six days ago, Saturday, I fell into a bush by a deserted building while walking (not sure if it's relevant), and on Monday I woke up with 2 bites on my lower back. I scratched them, since I assumed it was just bug...

Very painful lump behind ear [ 4 Answers ]

I have a big hard very painful lump behind my ear, its been there for 2 weeks and feels lke my skin is bieng stretched to the max it hurts so bad. I also have lumps in my head but the seem to be going no idea if they are all related!

View more questions Search