Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachel221 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 05:03 PM
    Hanging skin after wisdom tooth removal
    I had my upper two wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago. Today I noticed that there is a round piece of skin hanging down from where my wisdom tooth used to be. This is strange, because the stitches from my incision are no where near where this loose skin is hanging from. It hurts, and is annoying because I keep accidentally bumping it with my tongue. I am worried it might come loose, not to mention I have no idea what it is and I'm freaking out.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Since we can't see inside you mouth, you should contact the oral surgeon that did the removal, and let them see what is going on.
    rachel221 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 05:09 PM
    Yeah, I know I need to contact the oral surgeon, but they are closed until tomorrow at 8 or 9 a.m. so I still have the whole night to worry.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Do they have an emergency number? Most doctors do. To kind of ease your worries, I had the same thing with two of mine. The OS said that it was just a tear from the removal... I had five pulled. ALL four wisdoms and a root canal that went bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wisdom tooth [ 4 Answers ]

Why do my wisdom teeth smell?

Wisdom Tooth Removal [ 4 Answers ]

Good Evening, My husband had four wisdom teeth removed last Wednesday, April 4th. One of his teeth, lower left, was growing in sideways and the oral surgeon had to remove a small piece of bone and possibly remove the tooth in pieces. On Monday, his disolvable stitches came out of the bottom of...

Flossing after wisdom tooth removal [ 1 Answers ]

I had all 4 wisdom teeth out exactly a week ago. I've noticed the gum on my back two molars is detached, which the doctor says is normal. I'm just wondering when its okay to start flossing again?

Is it okay not to remove wisdom tooth [ 2 Answers ]

Dear everyone: I haven't removed my wisdom tooth yet, it grows well, without hurting after the first couple times. Do you think I should get it removed anyway? Thank you:)

Pain after wisdom tooth removal [ 2 Answers ]

OK - I had a Wisdom Tooth pulled - it was not impacted. It was full of decay under the last filling. I ended up with a "dry socket" in that tooth. Went back to my Oral Surgeon who put a "pac" in it - felt so much better. Had pac taken out - the hole is much better but the bridge in front of it...

View more questions Search