Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mattr2105 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 11:05 PM
    How to get a person picked up with bench warrant?
    How to get a person picked up with bench warrant?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 03:30 AM
    If there is a person with a bench warrant out for them, normally the authorities will be out to get them, asking people where they might be, etc. Is there a particular reason that you are asking the question, please?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 06:42 AM
    Hello matt:

It's not your job. It's the COPS job, and they're busy down at the doughnut shoppe.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Depending on what the warrant is for, they will come looking for your friend. If it is a felony bench warrant they will be knocking on his door. If it is a misdemeanor warrant they won't bother too much but will eventually snare the friend in a traffic stop situation or when the person goes to renew their driver's license.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 11:37 AM
    You can call the police station, tell them who they are, what the warrant is for and where the person is at. Depending upon what the warrant is for and how busy they are, they may come and get him.
    Give you an example, one day off duty, I caught a man breaking into a car, had him held but the City of Atlanta was too busy to send a car for over one hour, so I had to let the guy go at some point. ** did not have any handcuffs. So often some departments are too busy to send a officer for a current crime in process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you fly with a bench warrant? [ 24 Answers ]

Ok, So I have a bench warrant because the letter I got for a court date was misprinted and differed from what the actual court date was, no big deal, but I need to fly this Sunday and will not be able to clear it before than. The original charge was a misdemeanor, and I am not flying from the same...

Can I fly with a bench warrant [ 10 Answers ]

I am on vacation right now and I just found out I have a bench warrant issued for a misd. Charge. Will I be arrested at the airport when I come back? Please someone help me

Bench Warrant [ 7 Answers ]

If I have a bench warrant issued, for a traffice violation, can the police(law) arrest me at my house/job/while I'm walking with my baby? Thanks,

Bench Warrant! [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend got a DUI. He did not show to the mandated program he was to attend and failed to appear at the last court date. If he were to show up at the court house, would he be arrested on site??

View more questions Search