Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    briansgirl107 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2006, 03:03 PM
    3 yr old son says penis hurts
    My 3 yr old son complains sometimes and says his penis hurts. I'd lean more on when he has a diaper on to sleep in. But he's said it too without. I also notice it may be when it's erect. I'll tell him to go potty when he says this usually. :confused:
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Apr 1, 2006, 03:17 PM
    I would have him checked out. Penises don't usually "hurt" unless there is a problem.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 2, 2006, 06:24 AM
    Why do you assume he has to go potty when he says his penis hurts?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2006, 07:40 AM
    Hi, briansgirl,
    I would take do as another answer says and take him to your Pediatrician, or Doctor. They would be able to find the problem, if there really is one. I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    wynelle Posts: 184, Reputation: 21

Apr 2, 2006, 02:02 PM
    Politely put, if it "hurts" then there is the risk of a urinary tract infection, or of a potential STD from abuse. Is there any discharge? Any bleeding? Any trouble urinating?

Why is a three year old still in a diaper? Is he having trouble with incontinence or just not potty-trained? Sometimes (I am not saying in this case, just saying that in some cases) a previously potty-trained child becomes "untrained" when confronted with extreme stress- as may be found in sexual abuse.

Your pediatrician should be able to check out several potential causes.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2006, 07:18 PM
    Have a doctor check him out for a possible urinary tract infection.

Apr 2, 2006, 07:53 PM
    [QUOTE=wynelle]Politely put, if it "hurts" then there is the risk of a urinary tract infection, or of a potential STD from abuse. Is there any discharge? Any bleeding? Any trouble urinating?

Why is a three year old still in a diaper? Is he having trouble with incontinence or just not potty-trained? Sometimes (I am not saying in this case, just saying that in some cases) a previously potty-trained child becomes "untrained" when confronted with extreme stress- as may be found in sexual abuse.

Your pediatrician should be able to check out several potential causes.[/Q

I'm new to this so if I'm replying in the wrong places, let me know. Anyhow he's potty trained but he gets a diaper on when he sleeps for possible nighttime accidents which are rare. Nothing's out of the ordinary as far as looks or anything. He hasn't said anything today and we're just going to see the doc if needed. He doesn't complain when urinating.
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Apr 5, 2006, 06:44 AM
    Being a woman, I am sure that you are well-aware of the connection between urinary tract infections and poop. That's why women are very careful not to contaminate their urethral opening after each bowel movement and carefully keep the fecal material away from it.

Well, since your son is still in diapers, the same bacteria in the fecal matter can easily be making its way up the urinary tract and causing a urinary tract infection. Or else the skin-to-urine contact might be irritating the penis. Each child is unique. While one boy might go symptomless under the same conditions another will not. I would say remove the source of possible irritation, the pampers. Do this even if your doctor doesn't suggest it as some doctors seem to be a bit absent minded now and then.

Apr 5, 2006, 08:25 PM
    He's not in diapers. I put him in one during sleep in case he has an accident which is rare. But I think I need to be brave and not even do it then. This is off topic now but the diapers go on at night because he tends to wake in the middle of the night and get in our bed. He seems to not like the diaper. I think he hates it near his penis. I'm thinking that's why he's getting mad.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Apr 9, 2006, 08:34 AM
    If your son is saying too you that his penis hurts then you need to take him to the doctors to have him checked over as this can be the sign of a number of problems.

If your son is uncut then he may be having problems peeing if the foreskin is too tight for him, which can be fixed easy. This can make a lot of pain. Get him into the doctors and explain to them what he has been saying.

If he has very rear accidents then why don't you also try leaving the diapers off as this will make him feel more in control and also limit the accidents.
    missydr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2011, 06:04 PM
    I would say take him to the dr cause my son had similar symptoms and it was just an allergic reaction to his pull ups

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sex hurts :( [ 19 Answers ]

Hi Recently every time me and my boyfriend have sex afterward it really hurts and can't have sex for until about 3 to 4 days afterwards :( is there somethink wrong with me? And has this happened to anyone else before if it had what did you do to stop it? Thanks

The top of my penis hurts [ 4 Answers ]

I have had sex a lot the last few days and the top of my penis is really saw it hurts when I pull my forskin back and just in jeneral was just wondering what I could have done, it looks really red and is painful could I have hurt it in a way or what I don't no? Any help please

Hurts [ 73 Answers ]

I have been seeing this guy for 8moths . We were pretty steady. I really feel he loves me. He has been hurta lot by woman.. so he keeps saying he don't want any comiments yet I hear a lot of stories about him falling in love with his ex wife agai and hew had been seeing her for a while now. He...

Ouch! That Hurts [ 1 Answers ]

Went to Lowe's today to do some shopping, saw a roll of 12/2 going for $97 dollars. Glad most of my wiring projects are near complete. Anybody else run into this.

Still hurts [ 4 Answers ]

Why do I still hurt over my cousins death? It was in 98 such a long time ago. I remember one day my aunt and cousins visiting us when we lived in fayetteville. My step mom and cousin got into a religious argument over a song. Finally my aunt said she was sorry that they would just have to leave and...

View more questions Search