Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QuEstBoy9 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2006, 11:16 AM
    Reheating chicken
    Once you have cooked chicken and it is cool can you reheat it?

QuEstBoy:p
    always_learning Posts: 54, Reputation: 2

Apr 1, 2006, 05:42 PM
    Due to the risk of salmonella poisoning, it is only safe to reheat chicken one time. The chicken should be heated as quickly as possible and be piping hot when reheated. Check out the following link:

http://www.deliaonline.com/messagebo...18/thread.html

Hope this helps.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2006, 06:56 AM
    HI,
    Once chicken is cooked and served, don't let the leftover sit out for more than 2 hours. Put it in the refrigerator.
    Yes, you can reheat it, either before you put it in the refrigerator, or after you take it out of the refrigerator.
    But, I wouln't wait more than about 2 hours before you either reheat or put it in the frig.
    Many people buy KFC boxes, eat what they want around 6 pm, then just let the leftovers sit out. Maybe 6 hours later, they go back and finish it off... not a good practice!
    mnhoff Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2008, 01:39 PM
    No, once chicken has cooled you can not heat it up again.

Chicken contains PhIPm, a compound from a group of carcinogenic compounds called heterocyclic amines (HCAs). Reheating activates this chemical, dramatically increasing the probability of cancer development should the heated chemical be ingested.

Hope this helps!

The Science Guru
    mahbouni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2009, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mnhoff View Post
    Reheating activates this chemical, dramatically increasing the probability of cancer development should the heated chemical be ingested.
    Can you please provide evidence of this? I searched and couldn't find anything to back up your claim.
    Loki000 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2009, 11:53 AM
    Yea, I never heard of the chicken chemical either. I've reheated whole chickens plenty of times, and I'm just fine. I buy them cooked, refrigerate them, then re-heat it the next day for a good family meal. I put it in the oven 2 hours before the meal, and it tastes just like I had cooked it that day! Mmm mmm
    jls-lover Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2010, 09:39 AM
    I reheat chicken all the time and I dosen't harm me so I'm not going to stop doing it and I have never ever heard of the chicken chemical! :)
    Geoff5 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2010, 03:38 PM

Now do`nt be put off by my -1 reputation but yes you can reheat chicken. You can do it in the microwave for about seven minutes, in other words, really zap it to kill any possible bacteria. In fact I coul`nd survive without my microwave, it's the only way. Quick, easy and slap it on your plate in no time. I hope this helps QuEstBoy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chicken pox or what? [ 24 Answers ]

Well, we have all been sick in some way or another in the last two weeks. I need an opinion of what you think this could be. All 5 kids were sick: 1 was vomitting, had a fever for two days, head throb for a few days, then she was fine. 2 started this whole mess, he had a headache and fever...

My dog refused to eat anything but chicken. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi there, My samoyed of 7 years, had glaucoma 3 weeks ago and had his left eye removed, a few days before the op to keep his strength up we gave him a whole chicken a day, and also a few days after the op, he now refuses his own meat although we have tried to ween him off the chicken, by mixing...

Chicken pox [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am pregnant for 4 months and never had chicken pox before. This weekend I am planning to see my teacher who's child has been infected with chicken pox. My teacher has not been infected maybe because she had it before. Now, I worry that my teacher might carry the virus (not infected by...

Can you ever get rid of chicken pox scars? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows hwo to get rid of chicken pox scars? Is it possible? Thank you

Chicken, ziti and broccoli [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, does anyone have a message for a chicken,ziti, and broccoli dish either with a light wine sauce or a light creamy sauce, they sell this in a lot of restaurants but i don't know what they use to make the sauce. Thanks for your help

View more questions Search