Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

May 21, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Putting songs from my iPod to itunes
    Hello, I'm not sure where this question would best fit, but I really need help! So I had all of my music on itunes and my computer crashed. I recently got a new computer and installed Itunes, and the library is obviously empty. How can I take the music from my iPod and put it back into itunes? I've tried and can't seem to figure a way how to do it. All my songs are from random CD's that I don't even have or are from someone else, so putting them back manually would take way too long. Does anyone know how to go about this? Thanks!
    BoomerPro Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

May 22, 2008, 11:29 AM
    When you attach you iPod to your new computer, go to My Computer and see that it has shown up as an external drive, if you double click on that drive you should be able to scroll down in folders and see all of the music on the iPod... then it is a case of copy (or drag and drop) the music into a folder on the computer (perhaps "My Music")... the files will look something like ERQI or EHBT FTDP... that is iPod's little stamp on them... but iTunes will know what exactly those songs are. Once they are in itunes again, you might have to clean them up a bit if you use the info part and ratings , etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can I only use iTunes to download songs for my iPod legally? [ 4 Answers ]

I have downloaded a lot of songs from iTunes, and the list of songs I really want but can't find on iTunes, just keeps growing. I'm pretty sure the songs are available somewhere on the internet, but some are not actually on albums, and so I can't find them in the library either. I know about...

Itunes and iPod [ 3 Answers ]

I have about 1000 songs on my itunes but I can only get about 700 on my iPod. They were all on their before but then I downloaded a music video and it too won't go on the iPod. On itunes it has about 4 gb but only about 3gb is going on my iPod. I have a iPod classic 80 gb. How can I get all of...

ITunes songs erased/iPod won't work if hooked up to a computer [ 2 Answers ]

My sister has an iPod and we have iTunes on our computer. All the songs she had on her iPod were on iTunes, until recently. Now everything she had on iTunes is gone, and we don't know why that happened. Also, she can't add anything else to her iPod or hook it up to her computer or she'll lose all...

Itunes and Ipod [ 2 Answers ]

Hey Can you add someone else's itunes library to your iPod without deleting your music... If So How

View more questions Search