Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stephanie1591 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 06:56 PM
    Is it illegal for an 18 year old to date a 13 year old?
    I'm in a situation which I am stuck in... I like this 18 year old boy, but I'm not sure if it illegal for him to date me... is it illegal in california?

And I also want to know what is the age limit in order for it to be illegal... (like an 18 year old dating a 17 or younger) in california

Need answer quick

Thanks a lot...
    :)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 07:22 PM
    You are 13, he is 18. While it is not illegal to "date," it is illegal for any kind of intimacy. He could go to jail and be registered a sex offender for the rest of his life should he put his hands on you in any way.

What do your parents think of him? Have you asked them if it's okay to date, much less date a boy of 18?
    maresa6868 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 07:31 PM
    13 and 18... Yes it is... 18 and up is illegal for a minor... Are you sure he's not just trying to get in your pants? You never know now days. Choose right because there will be consequences to pay in the end if you do choose to date him. Talk to your parents about it and see if they'll be fine with it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 07:32 PM
    The law is not relevant to a 13 year old its up to the parents to set rules and boundaries, as they have the option of sending the 18 year old to jail.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 07:40 PM
    First there is no way and no reason a 18 year old would or should have interest in a child. The 18 year old is either extremely immature to the point of having perhaps some disorder, or he is merely trying to have sex with young girls. At 18 he is a pervert, a sexual preditor for wanting to even date a 13 year old.
    Hope my tactful way of saying this did not confuse anyone
    Super Allie Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 04:53 PM
    Yes, it is wrong. I'm surprised you even had to ask this. If he goes out with you what are you going to talk about? Your going to want to talk about cartoons and he is going to want to talk about sex. Don't think about him, stick with guys your own age. And if he does go out with you, expect someday for the cops to come for his PC.
    f104 Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

May 24, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Totally illegal and wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl? [ 13 Answers ]

Is it legal for a 24 year old girl to date a 17 year old girl in Michigan?

Is a 15 and 19 year old illegal in Canada ? [ 13 Answers ]

I like this boy and he's 19 and we want to date. And we were wondering if it's illegal in Canada. Can someone tell me.

Can a 16 year old and a 13 year old date? [ 49 Answers ]

Hi! I have just turned 16 and I am dating a 13 year old, and I was wondering if that is "OK". We are both virgins, and we DO both love each other very much. WE both know our limits when it comes to the relationship, niether one of us would go further than the other would want to at anything. Yes I...

I'm 11 and I'm in love with a 16 year old can I date him? [ 98 Answers ]

OK.. I'm 11 years old and I'm in love with a 16 year old. Can I date him without one of us getting in trouble? We don't want to have sex. We just want to hangout,hold hands, hug and a kiss every now and then, That's all. What do I do? I love him so much and he loves me back. Can I date him?

Is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa [ 59 Answers ]

:confused:is it legal for a 25 year old and a 16 year old to date in pa and if not why

View more questions Search