Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liverpool75 Posts: 58, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 12:52 PM
    My concerns for kids from evil man
    Hi there is something really bothering me the last few weeks.im living in a fairly quiet area for the last 2 years with my fiancé and 3 kids.my fiancé grew up in this area and has lived there all her life.a couple of months ago she told me a story of a young boy who she knew and played with as kids was molested by a man who lived on the road.the man did time in prison for it and that poor family ended up having to move over the whole thing.this happened over 15 years ago,here's the thing the house were it happened has been put up for sale as the mother of the offender passed away,but who shows up and is staying there till the house is sold only the offender,he's been there the last few weeks now and I'm dreading to say I feel he's going to do it again as there are a lot of kids about and for some reason play near his house.its like a magnet when the kids are there he comes straight out of the house to talk to them.I think he knows I'm watching him as I give him dirty looks and think out loud and curse him.theres a lot of new familys on the street and wouldn't be aware of what he did.what should I do,say something to him and let him know I know ,say to the children's parents or call the police as I think he's a ticking time bomb,any advice would help as its playing on my mind a lot thanks in advance for your help.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2008, 05:41 PM
    He may have requirements to stay a certain distance from children. And you may even be able to get a protection order if he is coming up to your property.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 16, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Hello liver:

In your state or jurisdiction you either HAVE or don't HAVE sex offender registries. I would highly doubt you do. It seems to be an invention of the US. Therefore, this guy doesn't appear to be breaking ANY laws...

I don't know how much you want to get involved. It seems like you do... But, be forewarned, there will be consequences if you stick your nose in... I don't know why you think he's a time bomb. What would be your credentials for making that sort of determination?? Just making it up, huh?? Probably...

But, you may be right.. I don't know. Who can tell what's going on in another mans head?? I certainly can't. Maybe he IS dangerous, and you'll be saving some kid from a real nightmare... Or maybe he's not, and you'll be causing an innocent guy a WHOLE lot of trouble...

I don't know... I really don't.

excon
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2008, 09:06 AM
    I would suggest that you talk to any neighbor who's children may be going near this mans home.

While there may not be anything legal you can do, you can at least make the neighbors aware of his history, I see noting wrong with that.

I guess he has to live somewhere, and if he has served his time, then he has the right to be free, legally.

I wish you only the best in your situation.
    concernedmom26 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

May 20, 2008, 07:48 PM
    A large percent of the time sex offenders repeat the act. It is there sexual preference or what I call sick disease. The guy might of served his time, but that doesn't mean he is healed. You can't turn a gay man straight, I would say the same applies here. Save the kids, inform the parents who can educate their kids to be wary of not only this guy but the millions of others just like him. Because they creep everywhere among us, the grocery store, the park, the mall... you never know, and don't stick around to find out. You may regret not saying anything when you knew all along...

May 21, 2008, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedmom26
    A large percent of the time sex offenders repeat the act. It is there sexual preference or what i call sick disease. The guy might of served his time, but that doesn't mean he is healed. You can't turn a gay man straight, I would say the same applies here. Save the kids, inform the parents who can educate their kids to be wary of not only this guy but the millions of others just like him. Because they creep everywhere among us, the grocery store, the park, the mall...you never know, and don't stick around to find out. You may regret not saying anything when you knew all along....
    Your right what your saying.I have told a number of parent the last few days when bumping into them when bringing my kids to school,they were shocked to hear it and all said they'll keep their kids well away from his house.the icing on the cake was the other day I could have sworn I seen him taking a photo of a boy only about 6 years of age on his mobile phone as he was talking to him,I felt like going over a punching him but I'll be arreasted then as you said yourself telling the parents of his doings is the best way to go about it and to let them deal with it their way.
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

May 21, 2008, 03:24 PM
    First he may be different then he was before, people change. However this does sound suspious maybe he means to do harm or maybe he does, I'd say wait for now tell your kids to avoid that place and if you see sometinge weird tell the other kids parents. And if your mamma gut feeling is ringing off the hook, notify the police but stay calm.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

May 21, 2008, 04:02 PM
    I definitely agree with PROGUNR's following statements:

While there may not be anything legal you can do, you can at least make the neighbors aware of his history, I see noting wrong with that.

I guess he has to live somewhere, and if he has served his time, then he has the right to be free, legally.

May 23, 2008, 12:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonador101
    first he may be different then he was before, people change. however this does sound suspious maybe he means to do harm or maybe he does, i'd say wait for now tell your kids to avoid that place and if you see sometinge weird tell the other kids parents. and if your mamma gut feeling is ringing off the hook, notify the police but stay calm.
    Thank you too for replying I know people can change but more often they don't especially his type.to be honest I think he knows I know of his past as I give him dirty looks and say bad things about him under my breath and he still stands in his garden talking to kids.2 minutes before I came on here he is at it again.the other day he was taking a photo of a child on his phone the sick ****er,I'm just going to tell all the parents about him at least then I can say if anything happens I tried to prevent it.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

May 23, 2008, 09:46 PM
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. One of the things you can't get back in this world is your innocence. Please let your local authorities know of what you know and what you have witnessed. The fact that he has offended in the past is enough to make the difference. Do not trust him or other parents to protect their children. I can't say this man is bad, however, people that have this illness are very good at what they do. They know how to make the children feel comfortable and then it is too late. All it takes is one minute. If a man can molest a child in the next aisle at a walmart with the mother one aisle over what could this man do given five minutes. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Say the future of every other child that may come in his path or the path of his next victim should he be given the opportunity to succeed at his sick quest. You are responsible for stopping it because you are fully aware. Call your police. Tell them what you know and what you have witnessed. I can't stress it enough. Take it seriously, telling the parents is not enough. PLEASE I BEG OF YOU.
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat
    NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. One of the things you can't get back in this world is your innocence. Please let your local authorities know of what you know and what you have witnessed. The fact that he has offended in the past is enough to make the difference. Do not trust him or other parents to protect their children. I can't say this man is bad, however, people that have this illness are very good at what they do. They know how to make the children feel comfortable and then it is too late. All it takes is one minute. If a man can molest a child in the next aisle at a walmart with the mother one aisle over what could this man do given five minutes. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Say the future of every other child that may come in his path or the path of his next victim should he be given the opportunity to succeed at his sick quest. You are responsible for stopping it because you are fully aware. Call your police. Tell them what you know and what you have witnessed. I can't stress it enough. Take it seriously, telling the parents is not enough. PLEASE I BEG OF YOU.
    The police are already aware of his actions. He has been imprisoned for them. The only thing that can be done is letting the parents of the neighborhood know. The guy hasn't molested again YET! The parents will take precautions to let it not happen again!

May 24, 2008, 04:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMewiththat
    I know what your saying but all the police will say he is not committing any crime now,although its going through his mind to possibly to molest another kid talking to them is OK in the eyes of the law.seriously this is making me feel sick knowing that there's nothing I can or the police can do.the harse reality is the police won't do anything until it happens and by then it would be too late for some young inocent kid.

May 26, 2008, 04:14 PM
    Okay, she is a he first off. Although I may be busy I am not a busy body, nor am I old. Secondly, he did witness something, he it witnessed a grown man with no children (with a conviction for running up in some little boy, spending too much time with children). Third.. he witnessed this same individual taking a picture of a child, again that is not his child. This is all inappropriate behavior for anyone in today's day and I believe that this particular person should error on the side of caution. As stated previously, it would be one thing for him to avoid these children, it is questionable that he chooses not to. Think what you want but please spare the next one.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 10, 2008, 07:49 AM
    Wait... so your fiancée told you about something that happened 15 years ago, and you completely believe her version of events, and are trying to make some guy's life miserable because of it?

While it's good to trust your mate, have you done ANY checking into the background of this? There's a kid in Georgia who has been accused and sentenced for "molesting a child" --the 15 year old girl who offered him head. He's a sex offender forever for that act--and will be judged a pervert in the eyes of people everywhere for it.

How old was your fiancée when this happened? Does she have ALL of the details? Have YOU checked those details with police reports and information about the trial?

Maybe I'm being harsh, but there are a lot of people out there who, 15-20 years ago did something not-so-kosher, but not EVIL either, and are being judged for it today, and lead limited lives, and have people like you tell the entire neighborhood what a creep he is.

As to all the vigilantes out there who want to string this guy up for something he's already "paid for" by serving time in jail--well, the time to string the guy up was 15 years ago, if his crime was that bad. Legally, you have NOTHING on this guy. So he talks to kids? I do too! I don't have kids, and I offer the neighborhood kids candy and treats and smiles all the time. Sometimes kids are the only people who do NOT judge you, and treat you like vermin.

By all means, protect your kids. Keep them away from this guy without adult supervision, absolutely.

But I seriously hope that none of you call yourselves Christian, because none of you are showing compassion, charity, or forgiveness toward this man.
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 12:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    Wait...so your fiancee told you about something that happened 15 years ago, and you completely believe her version of events, and are trying to make some guy's life miserable because of it?

While it's good to trust your mate, have you done ANY checking into the background of this? There's a kid in Georgia who has been accused and sentenced for "molesting a child" --the 15 year old girl who offered him head. He's a sex offender forever for that act--and will be judged a pervert in the eyes of people everywhere for it.

How old was your fiancee when this happened? Does she have ALL of the details? Have YOU checked those details with police reports and information about the trial?

Maybe I'm being harsh, but there are a lot of people out there who, 15-20 years ago did something not-so-kosher, but not EVIL either, and are being judged for it today, and lead limited lives, and have people like you tell the entire neighborhood what a creep he is.

As to all the vigilantes out there who want to string this guy up for something he's already "paid for" by serving time in jail--well, the time to string the guy up was 15 years ago, if his crime was that bad. Legally, you have NOTHING on this guy. So he talks to kids? I do too! I don't have kids, and I offer the neighborhood kids candy and treats and smiles all the time. Sometimes kids are the only people who do NOT judge you, and treat you like vermin.

By all means, protect your kids. Keep them away from this guy without adult supervision, absolutely.

But I seriously hope that none of you call yourselves Christian, because none of you are showing compassion, charity, or forgiveness toward this man.
    Thanks for the balance synnen;) ;)

Jun 11, 2008, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    Wait...so your fiancee told you about something that happened 15 years ago, and you completely believe her version of events, and are trying to make some guy's life miserable because of it?

How old was your fiancee when this happened? Does she have ALL of the details? Have YOU checked those details with police reports and information about the trial?

Hey fello MNton, I am a christian and have compassion, am very empathetic as well. I assumed they new the details and had them confirmed. What was interperted was creepy to me. I think there is a range of variation to the title sex offender and you are correct, some get the title unjustly. There are definitions and levels to the registry. My hope is that they will be cautious with this particular individual. We are aware in today's world that certain level offenders are predisposed to reoffend. You offering candy to the kids in your neighborhood is probably not an accurate comparison.?. <-- maybe you too are a former offender if so, hey, I'm happy to know that you don't get the desire to re-offend. What is very real is that these people have a disease, one that they can't control. I meant no harm, simply to ask this person not to ignore that gut feeling that something isn't passing the smell test and secondly to make everyone around them that may not have the benefit of this persons history or the benefit of a registry, aware that he is residing in there back yards. Let's say they don't have the benefit of the registry in the country they are living in. It won't hurt to make the authorities aware. I don't believe that he should be disrespected or inconvenienced. Just make them aware. It can't hurt. It's not meant to be overly judgmental just cautious. By the way Synnen, your signature regarding touching your girls is an interesting one, would you prefer we all take matters into our own hands?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 01:47 PM
    No, I don't think people should take it into their own hands... my sig is part of an old, old joke from a thread that's been closed nearly a year now... I just haven't made the effort to change it.

I'm also not Christian, though, either--so I tend to have a more "live and let live" attitude toward a lot of things.

I was really just pointing out that there was a LOT of judgement against this man all based on the word of the fiancée of the poster, who may or may not have been a child herself at the time. Without having the full details of what happened years ago--no, I don't think that people should be saying that someone is a child molester who is after their kids without some sort of evidence to back it up. Anything else is slander and hearsay, frankly. I mean, I could go to YOUR neighborhood and start telling people that you're a sex offender that I heard molested a young boy 15 years ago--and you'd sue my pants off when/if you tracked it back to me, whether it had a kernal of truth in it.

So... all I was asking for was FACTS rather than hearsay before passing judgement, and I felt that people were pretty harsh about the whole thing without having the details of the situation.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2008, 02:17 PM
    I agree with the others that the police would say 'as long as he is not committing a crime'
    You might want to check up on Megan's law and other child predator sites and learn what his rights are and what are violations by a child predator. While you are at it check to see if he is listed on any of those sites. Maybe you could organize a general meeting at the school or somewhere and go over general precautions with parents and what to tell their children for safety.
    cambie30 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 02:18 PM
    You should tell the parents of the child[s],
    You shouldn't confront him just encase of any violece occurs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy concerns [ 3 Answers ]

If I started my monthlys February 18 th and still have not got them yet am I late?:eek: :eek:

Kids movie.Mid-late 90's.evil penguins? HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

I was at work today and this girl mentioned a movie from when she was younger, and all she could remember was there were evil penguins, around this like ice berg thing.. and she thinks the head guy has a gotee.. Its driving us both mental... any thots?? PS.. its not batman returns, it's a cartoon

Privacy Concerns [ 7 Answers ]

When I log into Amazon.com, my Adobe 4.0 reader briefly starts up, then goes away. Should I be concerned? I use Zone Alarm free firewall and have run Adaware, SpyBot S&D, Spyware Blaster and HijackThis (all thanks to advice here). Also, for some reason I get pop-ups targeted to my locale,...

Concerns about my 15 yr old daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I am having some concerns about my daughter.. She has been having some pains in her breasts and leakage.. I don't remember at that age having leakage but I do remember having the pains from growing.. Can someone please tell me what they think about the leakage.. usually that's not supposed to...

View more questions Search