Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justinua Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 02:25 PM
    If a have a warrant for a misdemeanor in one state and move to another state.
    If someone has a warrant for a failure to appear for a misdemeanor and they move to another state. Will they be able to get a license in the other state? And would the previous state really extradite for a misdemeanor?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 20, 2008, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justinua
    If someone has a warrant for a failure to appear for a misdemeanor and they move to another state. Will they be able to get a license in the other state? and would the previous state really extradite for a misdemeanor?

The warrant is on computer, the computer system is shared in all States. So, no, you probably won't be able to get a Driver's License and you will be arrested.

A warrant is a warrant, doesn't matter if it's felony or misdemeanor. You fail to appear they come and get you and make sure you appear.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2008, 03:42 PM
    They may or may not extridite you, but each time you are found they will hold you and check with the other state to see if they want you.
    Now if you are only one state over, it is very possible that they will bring you back.

And time is on their side, since the warrant will never go away
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

May 20, 2008, 05:05 PM
    There are, without question, a number of identifiers entered into the NCIC, (National Criminal Information Center) or with JNET, (Justice Network). It goes to mention that not everyone has a DL or State ID Card so some information may or may not be on file, plus some criminals will use different SSN's, the main identifier to get a hit is Name and DOB, if you get a hit on a Name and DOB then you look to see if the SSN, DL and physical description match, ultimately fingerprints will confirm the identity of the suspect. For the life of me I don't understand why people insist on putting off an inevitable court appearance. For whatever reason one feels above the law a day in court awaits. I can't say "never" but usually they do not extradite on a misdemeanor. Like I said, never say never.

Hope this helps you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Extraditing on a out of state warrant [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dear friend that has a warrant out of California for a violation of probation , on a domestic violence case... Our Question is simply this, if she turns herself in "out of state" and California chooses not to extradite her at that time... does that warrant have to go away sense they...

Ca Mom wants to move out of state [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I appreciate any info that anyone can share with me. I am a mom that wants to relocate with my 5 yr old daughter this June from California to Northern Louisiana.The father sees her every other weekend, has never taken advantage of the Wednesday night visitation he legally has, and other than...

Warrant for Misdemeanor in a different state. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a warrant for a misdemeanor from a few months ago. The cop called me and said they will tell me how much I have to pay soon and that I would have to fly there and go to the police station and pay a bail and then I would have a court date. He said if I didn't pay the warrant or bail I could...

I want to move out of state [ 3 Answers ]

I hope this is the right spot to post this, but does anyone know a website that I can go to, to view apartments for rent in North Carolina (Ralihg however its spelled) area? What I mean is, is there a better site to check out than others or anything?

Can wife move out of state with child after divorce and residency in state [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I are living in Ohio, have been residents for 9 months and have a 14 month old child. If we divorce and she would get custody, could she ever move out of the state

View more questions Search