Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starcross Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 06:48 AM
    After 10 years she feels we have no future.
    I have been with my girlfriend for 10 years now. We met in college and our relationship has been great. We of course had our ups and downs like any relationship, but now things have changed. About 3 years ago she pushed for us to move in together and I was a bit resistant, but because I loved here decided to buy a place and move in. She had an operation and moved home to recover, since her parents were retired and could help. Once she was better though should did not move back. We sat down and spoke on our ten year mark and she stated that she loves me as a friend, but does not feel anything for me as a long term relationship. I was in shock, I felt a couple of times when I would bring up marriage that she hesitated, but she always said to give her time and that she loves me. That is why we moved in together should be proof. We have been trying to work it out, she has moved back home with me for a bit, but things are different. I asked her if she was sure and how she would feel if she would not see me any longer. She said she can not imagine since we have been always togther. I suggested a break for a few weeks and if she does not change, then to end the relationship and sell our home. She now tells me OK, but she acts different. She says I am a great guy and cares and loves me. She wants to feel the way she felt, but cant. She is not happy about what is going on and here job and life. Is she really lost her love for me? Is she going through something I do not know? If I let her go will she return?
    heave_falling Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2008, 07:18 AM
    I will first start by saying I am really sorry for what you are going through. It is hard to say whether letting her go that she will return. I wouldn't doubt that she is going through something rough since she did have an operation. Is she on any medications? Certain medications can make her different in a way. Depressed. But truly the only way to know if she'll come back is to let her go.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2008, 07:27 AM
    How do you feel exactly? What do you think may have caused her to feel this way?

May 20, 2008, 07:37 AM
    Not sure, how things changed. I only know that she feels that she wants to feel like she wants to be with me, but can't. She says she loves me, but for now as a friend. The only thing I know to do is give her time and see how it goes. Not sure what else to do. She has been off meds for 2 months now. She seems confused, and sure of things at the same time. I just don't understand how you can want to love someone, but feel you can't.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2008, 07:44 AM
    How old are you both, and what kind of meds was she on??

May 20, 2008, 08:20 AM
    We are both in our early 30's. Most of her friends are in a serious relationship or getting married. While we talked she did say she felt like she wanted to be single, but not with go out with anyone. Just able to be alone and do things for her self. Feeling that she must decide on her own, what is best. I believe when you love someone, you know inside. It does suck to think that this happed after 10 years, but I guess there is nothing I can do.
    emopunk7 Posts: 1,052, Reputation: 161
    Ultra Member

May 20, 2008, 11:18 AM
    There's something you're not telling us.

May 20, 2008, 11:58 AM
    That is all I know from her. That after ten years. Now she feels that I am not the one. She feels that by this point I should be the one she wants to marry, and for that reason. We should end it. This was more of a blind side than something I saw coming.
    Expert

May 20, 2008, 02:13 PM
    After 10 years and no major changes? Hardly blind-sided. She has had a chance to be single, and see there is a big world out here so naturally she wants a go at it. Especially since this one was not producing what she wants long term. Hey, live and learn, and enjoy the memories.

Do you have a doubt her parents want GRANDKIDS?

May 21, 2008, 06:08 AM
    Both families where for us marrying. The couple of times we tried to committ to that level she would want to wait. She said she was just scared of it. We moved in on her choice to show me that she wanted a long term relationship. Now as we talk she says that she feels that she can not give me what I want in the relationship. She can not see a future, but she is confused if this is the right decision. Every time she sees me. She says she gets confused. She loves me, but feels more of a friendship. But thinking of me not being around or thinking if I would date some one else hurts. Not sure what is going on. I guess what I am asking is. Will time heal the relationship or end it?
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Will time heal the relationship or end it?
    There is only one answer to that, give it time and see. Does that mean twiddle your thumbs waiting to find out? NO!!
    cheryl200 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2008, 09:05 AM
    Dear Starcross,

I understand exactly what you are feeling. Please read my two posts and you will feel better about your situation. I still don't understand why my fiance' kicked me to the curb after 11 years and an engagement ring this past summer. We didn't have any major arguments and we have so much history together. Now he is with a 20 year old and he is 37. I have a big hole in my stomach and heart because I feel he never loved me. I would love to reconcile with him but like everyone keeps telling me "you can't make someone love you if they don't".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I the only one who feels like this? [ 12 Answers ]

My parents had found out some things about me that they didn't like:i had a boyfriend,I'd been sneaking out to see him and I have had sex with him. Now they make it so there is no contact between us, but we do go to separate schools but when I have a chance I try to talk to him. Right now I hate my...

Sex feels too much [ 7 Answers ]

I have been sexually active with my partner for over a year now. He is not selfish at all during sex, and is always happy to pleasure me. However I never seem to orgasm. It always feels really good but never comes to anything. I feel as if there's like a pressure building up but then I get to a...

I'm not sure how he feels about me. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I'm a senior in high school and I'm unsure if my best friend likes me or not. You see over christmas break I introduced him to one of my friends who he supposedly likes. However he still sends signals to me which make me think he likes me. For example before the break everyone told me that...

Using future value of single amount, future value of annuity table. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, my question is how do you know when to use the Future of value of single amount table, and when to use the future value of annuity table?

She won't tell me how she feels because of her boyfriend? [ 13 Answers ]

I have a girl FRIEND not girlfriend just friend. I've known her for a few years, and I'm not that good of friends to girls, I mean if I don't actually like them ill just kind of ignore them basically but I'm really starting to fall for my friend and just recently I started really looking in her...

View more questions Search