Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlie4721 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 08:26 AM
    Hookup for Fluorescent Fixture
    I was given two 4-tube fixtures, which when removed from old location were supposed to be working fine. I have the same problem with both. This fixture has a Magnetek Ballast 780-LR-SLH-QP. It has 4 wires open. 110v applied to the Black and White lights 2 tubes. At the other end of the ballast are a Black (with white stripe) and a White (with black stripe). 110v to these do not light other 2 tubes (all tubes have tested good in a different fixture). What is the wiring configuration with this ballast to get 4 tubes lit?

Assuming that the ballast is not bad (in BOTH fixtures?? ), Can this ballast be wired to turn on 2 tubes (for lower light) with one switch, and have a 2nd switch to turn on the other 2 tubes on occasions when higher light is required?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 19, 2008, 08:41 AM
    You can wire that fixture to light just 2 lights if you would like. Each set of black/white would need to pass through a separate switch. You could also join the two blacks and the two whits to control all 4 bulbs with just one switch, its really up to your choice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fluorescent light fixture [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem my friend has a fluorescent light fixture when he turn on the lights they stay bright for a while and then they go dim. This is what I did so far I change the Ballast light clips and the blubs but I am still having the same problem. Is there anything I might be over looking ...

Fluorescent fixture problems [ 2 Answers ]

I have a fluorescent over head fixture that doesn't work properly. It takes a long long time to start (like 10 minutes, sometimes). However if I fiddle with the lamps it will start up, and if I have it on for a while, I can turn it off and immediately back on. I don't know if the fixture is bad or...

Fluorescent bulb life [ 10 Answers ]

I recently remodeled my basement into an office and I installed nine new fluorescent fixtures in the ceiling. They are your basic two bulb (@ 48 inches long) hanging shop lights. I purchased all new bulbs ( GE kitchen & bath F40T12). The package states that they should last 9 years (six hours per...

New Fluorescent Light bulbs and their use [ 9 Answers ]

I’m sure this has been asked … but I am looking at these 13Watt replacement bulbs that are 60 Watt replacements. Now, I have light fixtures in my house, which are all labeled with Use 60 Watt Maximum. Can I use a higher Fluorescent (and hence get more Light Output) into some of my darker...

Fluorescent dimmer [ 1 Answers ]

I've heard that dimmer switches should not be used with fluorescent lights (kitchen). True or not? I haven't found anything in the books that I have. Are there dimmer switches made just for fluorescents? Thanks for the help. Jersey

View more questions Search