Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dedeswartz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Texas vs king county
    Hi,
    I have a kid that lives with her mom in Texas and she is not safe I just had a court date today and it was said that King county holds jerasrention on it and we need to get changred to Texas since its been over a year that she has lived there. The judge made it sound easy to change it but every attorny I call waqnts thousands of dollars I don't have. Is there a better way in seattle that I can do myself?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2008, 02:46 PM
    OK the issue is you will have to hire an attorney in Texas, the local attorneis in another state can not normally practice in another state, so they will have to merely hire an attorney in Texas to work for them.

But basically you have to re-file all of what you were doing but file it in Texas, and you will have to appear in court there for all of your court dates
    dedeswartz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2008, 07:16 PM
    I went to court in Texas and the judge said seattle has to give up rights of the case first. So is there a was to do it myself or do I need a lawyer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

County to county probation transfer [ 4 Answers ]

My girlfriend and her children live in another county. I am on felony probation in the state of Florida with a "drug package". I work from home in a rural area as a freelance graphic designer and web developer and there isn't really a lot of work in this area for that. Currently I rely on contacts...

Unifund CCR Partners lawsuit in Harris County, Texas [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am being sued & any advise will be helpful. I have received notification advertisement from various attorneys to this effect stating they have heard of my pending case from Unifund and that in order to protect freezeing of my bank accounts and wage garnishment and judgement that I need...

Probation troubles from state to state and county to county [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend was on probation in IL, he is a truck driver doing local runs in KY and sometimes needing to run from MO to KY. Due to him working so much in KY we decided to move here. Well his probation officer told him to find a place to live. We had both lived in KY before and we didn't like the...

F1 in Oklahoma-OPT in Texas-H1B in Texas [ 7 Answers ]

Hello all!!!:) First at all, this is a great forum! I've been reading a lot of posts, and they are very very useful. Now I got a question for the tax experts and non-experts too:p!! This is my case: I was studying and working as a Teacher Assistant in Oklahoma from 08.26.02 to 03.06.05....

Know this county song? [ 5 Answers ]

If you know artist & title please let me know... some of the lyrics are 'I can see me being with you for the rest of my life.. I can see you loving me too.. it sure would be nice... two hearts, one love' thank you .

View more questions Search