Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    armstrong5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2008, 08:41 AM
    How to find out if someone is still on parole
    I was wanting to know if there is a website to find out if someone is still on parole.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Hello armstrong:

Nope.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 7, 2008, 02:25 PM
    There is no website but if you know the county where the person was sentenced you could look online at the county court docket listings. Some counties have this online and some don't. If your Clerk's Office has an online site you need to put the person's name in the search and see if any court cases come up. It will give the sentencing parameters for the case and sometimes there is a follow up. If you knew the person was sentenced to say 10 years in prison and they are out walking around after 5 years chances are they are probably on parole. You can also call the local parole office and ask them if you know the person did time and is now out. It's public info.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 7, 2008, 03:07 PM
    In some states like GA, you can go to the dept of correction web site and it will show that they were previously in prison, will tell you dates and charges.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jul 5, 2008, 01:15 AM
    I would call the local proabtion/parole office-they should be able to tell you if you can give them a good reason for wanting to know.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2008, 01:30 AM
    In quite a few states and subsequently counties in the U.S. court records are available online as to the status of individuals convicted of crimes on the state level. Most of these are just docket listings and may not be all that reliable. But, they can perhaps give a person an idea as to what the status of where an individual is concerning placement in any department of corrections at the state level.

To my knowledge, there are no such records available online if the cases have been at the federal level.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Jul 5, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Court records are online in my state but are not likely to be able to tell you if a person is on parole or not. In the office when I was a parole and probation agent in MD, we had a "duty agent" to handle such requests and our computer system had that information readily at hand for all parolees and probationers in the state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting off parole [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any chance of getting off parole early? I have been on parole for multiple (3) DWI offences since getting out in 2004 after serving 2 years in prison. What are the chances of being dismissed before my 2009 date? I have had no violations and have been clean since that time. This is in...

Parole transfer [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend just got released on parole from Minnesota. We want to move down south and I was wondering if it would even be possible and what the steps are that he has to take.

Parole Violation [ 2 Answers ]

One of my friends is in violation of probation. His initial charge was extreme dui, which he was given a 30 day jail sentence, with a fine, and classes he needs to take. Upon a plea agreement, he only served 10 days in jail. Now that he's in violation, will he have to serve the remainder of 20...

Life on Parole [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Im totally new at this so here goes my story: My boyfriend is currently being held at County Jail for a drug charge, he most likely will be let out on parole because he has already served enough time and then some so they can't send him to state and they don't want to submit him into a...

View more questions Search