Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MARGLAR Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Well Clean out
    I have a 50' well for irrigation and it needs cleaned out. Ive run water down it and still get fine sand and shells. Is it blown out or is there a sure fire way to clear it out?
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2008, 06:45 PM
    The well has an encroachment problem. The sand and dirt is no longer giving you the cavity it once had. The well will have to either be redone or relocated or the pump raised above the encroachment to the present cavity.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 7, 2008, 07:01 AM
    As Doug suggested raise the well point above the sand level. Do you have a sand well point installed? Regards, Tom
    MARGLAR Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2008, 04:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by doug238
    the well has an encroachment problem. the sand and dirt is no longer giving you the cavity it once had. the well will have to either be redone or relocated or the pump raised above the encroachment to the present cavity.
    After much research and inquiry among the local well companies I have come tto the conclusion that, as you say, there is a hole in my well pipe. The well has collapsed or, most likely, rusted out. The pipe is 11/2" steel and it is 25 years old. Thanks for your input... I have installed new irrigation system that runs on city water... it was the most quick way to go before the lawn died. Fortunately I have a small yard so it won't be that expensive. I will put a new well in next winter, after it cools off here in Florida.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Construction Clean up [ 1 Answers ]

I have started a construction cleanup company and I want to know how do I estimate? Is it by the spuare feet or by the hour

Clean up time. [ 8 Answers ]

hi everyone I really appretiated all your helpful advice on my last question! :) I now have another one. I have a problem with my daughter cleaning her room aside from all her tantrums and not listening its getting really bad. When she is asked to clean her messes she usually will after severall...

Should she clean it up? [ 3 Answers ]

This might be a little long, but I will try to make it as short as possible. I live in a townhome that I rent. Our landlord pays the HOA dues. Our next door neighbor loves and feeds the birds daily. I don't have a problem with this but she is making a huge mess with all the bird seed that is...

Clean up [ 1 Answers ]

Sometimes after downloading something a"clean up" button appears. What is this & should I select it? Thks, noboat

View more questions Search