Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaxican08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2008, 04:19 PM
    How can my father add my name to the title of his house?
    My father is very ill and afraid he may not make it, he would like to add my name to the title of his home so that if anything does happen to him I end up with his house not the government. My father lives in Texas what steps do we need to take and who do we need to see? His interest rate is also horrible 10.9% because his only income is social security so supposedly (?) this is the best rate he could get according to the bank, we thought if my name is on the title of the house I could also refinance for a much better rate. Please, please help! I will be visiting him in Texas next week and we hope to get something accomplish while I am there. Thank you so much.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

May 5, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Near the top of the Real Estate Law forum is a sticky post that explains how to add someone to a deed.
    kirope Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

May 5, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Sweetie, the only thing that you have to do is have your father do a quick claim deed to add you on the title, after you do that you can turn around and refinance...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in house father owned, brother wants to sell, I don't. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, my father passed away with no will. My brother and I are the sole heirs. I live in my fathers house and have for the past 9 years. If I do not want to sell, and my brother does, and I cannot afford to move what happens? What if I do not have the money to buy my brother out? I have an elderly...

Movie Title? Scientist father tries out living underwater with musical family [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a movie from the 1970s in which a father creates this really cool house/pod with gadgets that an entire family can live in, and then convinces his own family to try it. The teenagers arrive, guitars and all, and befriend a seal. They start to enjoy the place...

Evicting my father from my house [ 3 Answers ]

My mom bought a 150K mini farm with her inheritance while she was legally separated from my father. He convinced her to stop the divorce and let him move in with us by promising to "give his check home and support us." She moved us and him into our home and she bought everything to furnish it...

View more questions Search