Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

May 5, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Swollen Lymph Nodes and Pain Under Breast
    Okay armchair doctors, what say you to this?

Last week my monthly showed up a week early. 3 days prior to the Arrival my breasts (espcially the nipples) were extremely sensitive and painful. Period starts very heavy and halfway through I get really painful (like hot poker) jolts through my right armpit. I figure it is just a new manifestation of peri-menapausal symptoms I have experienced since the birth of my daughter 6 years ago. Saturday I noticed that my lymphnodes are swollen. I look like I am smuggling 2 golf balls under my skin. They don't hurt, but are sensitive.

I am in my early 40s, don't smoke or drink, haven't been ill and exercise 3 to 5 times a week.

Maybe pertinent: Last year went through a series of tests to discover why I feel like I have a pain under right breast that feels like I am skewered with a mop handle. Some days pain is very bad - other days - not so much. Nothing was found in tests - have learned to live with it.

Maybe pertinent 2: Mother is currently being treated for NHLymphoma.

I am tempted to wait it out and see if it clears up on its own. I would hate to waste my time and the doctor's just to find out it is a hormone spike.

What do you think?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

May 5, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Em,

Do not wait and see. Be as proactive as you can. Swollen lymphnodes, without pain may be extremely serious.

Especially with a family history of breast cancer. It's always worth the time of an exam and mammogram or even an aspiration of the lump. A lumpectomy is far easier on a lady then a breast removal. If nothing else it will ease the rising tide of fear and panic.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 5, 2008, 10:53 AM
    I agree with Donf that you should have this looked at immediately. If you catch something like this before it gets out of hand so much the better especially if cancer runs in your family. Better to be safe than sorry later on. Good luck. Let us know the outcome if possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swollen lymph nodes by the ear [ 4 Answers ]

The Lymph nodes that are located slightly below the ear are swollen most of the time. Doctors don't seem to be concerned. Any ideas? I have allergies to ragweed and tree pollen and am on ongoing immunotherapy. I also have Asthma.

Breast pain, lower abdomin pain [ 15 Answers ]

I was supposed to ovulated on Feb. 4th, and my husband and I had sex 5 days in a row with Feb. 4th being the 3rd out of the 5 days. It is now the 18th and my breast are so sore, and have been for about 4 days now, I have to sleep with a bra on for support. I wear a size 40DD so when I don't have...

New here.questions about breast pain, breast lumps [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All! My name is Christy. I am 25 years old. I had my beautiful daughter 15 months ago... that was when I first discovered something was wrong. :confused: When my daughter was 6 weeks old, I felt a lump in my right breast. I thought for sure it was a clogged milk duct. I went in for my 6...

Sore and Swollen Breast not pregnant what is it? [ 3 Answers ]

I am not pregnant and my left breast is increased in size and very sore. It is painful what could this be?

Swollen lymph node [ 8 Answers ]

How do I know I have a swollen lymph node? I have a couple lymph nodes that slightly (very slightly, probably 0.2cm) protrude from my neck, each being no more than 1cm in diameter (1 might 1.5 cm, but no more)? I saw my GP and she said those WERE the lymph nodes and they're supposed to protrude...

View more questions Search