Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ULY55E5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 03:33 PM
    Interior painting labor cost
    I've been asked by a client to include painting a 2bdrm 1 bath rental unit in to my bid for some other repairs on the building. I was wondering the prevailing sq.ft. pricing for this.
    Southern California
    2bedroom 1bath, repaint same color(Swiss Coffee)
    8' walls, light orangepeel text. Eggshell over flat.(no ceilings)
    Bath & kitch: semigloss over semigloss (ceilings also)
    6 door jambs (no doors) 4 window ledges
    tot. sq. ft. 695 one story
    Mininmal wall prep.
    Is there a basic sq. ft. price? Trim by the lineal ft? I'm planing on roller & brushing.
    Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 03:44 PM
    Quick rule of thumb is just go by sq/ft unless there is something unusual about the room shape or job. Handymen charge about 50-65 cents sq/ft and the pros are double that materials not included.
    ULY55E5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2008, 04:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    Quick rule of thumb is just go by sq/ft unless there is something unusual about the room shape or job. Handymen charge about 50-65 cents sq/ft and the pros are double that materials not included.
    How about trim pricing? Wall pricing you quoted is about what I thought. It's the trim where my biggest question mark is.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 28, 2008, 04:29 PM
    Actually we ignore the trim and just get the sq/ft X $1.75 , kind of like throwing in the trim for free.
    georgebooth Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2009, 09:34 AM

Cost of painting interior doors 1 and 2 coats
    Material included (flat surface)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Painting an interior home. [ 2 Answers ]

How much should you expect to pay a professional to paint the interior of your home?

Painting interior arches [ 3 Answers ]

I am painting my dining room and there arches at each entrance. What color do I paint the arches? The kitchen is darker green and the dining room will be beige (it is currently off-white). Do I paint the arch beige or leave a stip of off white? At the other entrance to the dining room,...

Interior and Exterior Painting [ 15 Answers ]

I am just starting a painting business and I'm trying to figure out how to charge for painting for example a mantle or cabinets. I know wood cabinets will need a primer and two coats of finish. Also on how to charge for windows that have several rows of mulls that need to be painted like a 4 over...

Charging for interior painting [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a square footage rate to charge for interior painting? If not, how is a rate determined? Thanks.

Interior Painting Bid [ 4 Answers ]

I am going to paint the interior of 3 apartments and I want to know how much to bid a 1 bedroom apartment 644square feet? I want to know how much to bid a 2 bedroom apartment 844 square feet? I want to know how much to bid a 3 bedroom apartment 960 square feet? Thanks

View more questions Search