Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bowman11207 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2006, 02:33 PM
    Unblock a private number
    I have a similar situation posted on this forum. Except that I don't want to report this person to authorities. I would just like to know if there is a way to find out his number he only blocks manually. It's a cellphone he uses for work. We had been dating and now that we have broken up (we're still friends) he still calls me. I know it's him because we have had conversations many times when he has called using the block on his cell phone. Now, I'm worried because no one has heard from him. Not his mom, or his sisters and neither have his new cell number. The last time he called me was two days ago and that's unusual for him. And our last conversation did not end badly, so it's not that. I would like to know how to get his number so that I can find out what's up with him. Can anyone give me an idea as to how I might do this without gettig him in trouble. He's not a stalker.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2006, 05:44 AM
    Cell phone numbers are not yet as public as land line phone numbers, so in short, no: Without a court order demanding that the company release the number, then you're pretty much out of luck.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2006, 06:20 AM
    It's only been two days. Chances are he dropped his phone, it broke and he can't get a new phone till the weekend. Relax - I'm sure he's fine.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2006, 06:29 AM
    HI,
    As another stated, it would probably take a court order to get the number. I was a Customer Care Representative for one of the largest cell companies in the US, and got requests like this often. The answer was always "need a court order". Cell companies don't release this info normally.
    Have you considered that maybe he is taking a break from everything? He might not want to call anyone now. Maybe he didn't want to give his new cell number to his family.
    I am sure you will find out sooner or later. Best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Private Caller [ 7 Answers ]

Can anybody help me or give me suggestions of what to do when a privite caller keeps calling my moms cell and my house phone and saying my name and my sister's and my moms name really softly... it freaks me out that they call 3 in the morning... what should I do? Anybody knows how to unblock a...

Private [ 1 Answers ]

Can an anonymous e'amil be traced back to the sender if you use hotmail or Yahoo or some place like that?

Private Caller ID [ 5 Answers ]

Curious to know if anyone is familiar with receiving Private Caller from a calling card. I have a calling card that I purchased about 3 years ago that I keep adding minutes to. Anytime I use this calling card it shows on the receiving side as either a 720 or a 404 area code. Just recently, this...

View more questions Search