Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaryJC111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2005, 07:21 AM
    Is there spirits in my house?
    My husband and I have lived in our house for 4 years (house was built in 1955) My neighbors knew the previous owners... as far as I know no deaths in the house. My husband has claimed to have felt a "presence" though I never have. However, we have 4 children and a lot of electronic toys in our playroom. The toys have periodically went off without assistance and no reasonable explanation. My girlfriend said sometimes these battery operated toys will malfunction when the batteries need to be replaced. I have just always accepted that as a good explanation. Though, last night one of my infant son's new toys (with new batteries) started playing lights and music for a minute and stopped and has not done it since. No one was even near the toy. My husband says "oh that's just the ghost" How do I find out if there really is a ghost or not?
    urmod4u Posts: 248, Reputation: 4

Jan 5, 2005, 08:43 PM
    There are no ghosts.
    If the toys are remote controlled, then anything can activate them. TV remote control, car keys, alarm systems, - name it - anything in the neighbourhood. But no ghosts, please. Be serious.
    MaryJC111 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2005, 06:24 AM
    No... I think you misunderstood me. Not remote controlled toys. Battery operated toys that you would ordinarily have to physically push the buttons or perform some sort of action to get them started. I am not an unintelligent person. Furthermore, I would not have asked a question if I thought that there was a logical explanation.
    demon Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 9, 2005, 08:52 AM
    Ghosts
    Don't listen to other people just because they don't believe in ghosts don't mean they are not real, I have seen loads of strange things in my life and one of them was a ghost. Just because he doesn't believe does that mean he built the world and he no s everything about it I think not!! :cool:
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Jan 9, 2005, 06:35 PM
    Everybody in this world has a etheric material inside them even plants,animals have them inside them , when a person dies material leaves the body and goes into the astral plane, sometimes people have so stronge bonding to this world that after leaving their physcial body never goes to the astral plane but remain in this world and sometime gives the indication of their presence , thar phenomena called spirit / ghost
    Even every person goes to astral plane every night during sleep, meet people see thing which do not exit and comes back to the world every day . It's a short discription of ghost/astral voyage might help you to understand about this topic as I am a astral traveller I might help you out in this problem

I think if there is any ghost in your house it must be of a child or just a harmless one don't want to hurt anyone just to do these type of things to get noticed . Just never challenge them live with them and they will live with you happly/peacfully might help you in many day to day problems if they like...
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jan 9, 2005, 07:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by urmod4u
    There are no ghosts.
    If the toys are remote controlled, then anything can activate them. TV remote control, car keys, alarm systems, - name it - anything in the neighbourhood. But no ghosts, please. Be serious.
    Agreed. Either your toys are just poorly designed junk, or someone is screwing around.

"Fortune Tellers" are real. They are people who create conjecture based on information, and charge you for their 10% correct guesses.

"Ghosts" are living beings with remote controls, who like to laugh at other people.

I would not have asked a question if I thought that there was a logical explanation.
    So you are looking for... what? An illogical explanation?
    demon Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2005, 07:17 AM
    Ghosts are real I've seen one for myself when I was only 10 years old, that is why it causes such an interest to me now, don't listen to these weirdos when they say the don't exsist, what just because you haven't seen one you no everything do you I think not...

I no sceptics that said exactly the same thing until they went to a haunted castle somewhere up south and they sharp changed there mind when they said they sore poltogiest activity, now they won't even go near a house which is said to be haunted. Which is a pitty because I wanted to start going to haunted houses for myself to see if I actually seen anything.
    But these where straight forward people who wouldn't lie about something like that, I've known them for about 20 years. And they where real sceptics, used to take the mick out of me for saying they were real. :cool:
    crooked smile Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Spirits in a house are real. I have felt them and I have seen one. I knew that a woman died there years before I bought the house. Recently I was moving out of a house and spoke to the spirits in the house saying that I was going to miss them. Cause I had lived there a long time and they were just there, I knew it and didn't fear it. But suddenly there was a huge crash like something fell. It happened twice in a row. That was it, I knew it answered me somehow. And I didn't sleep my last night there. What happened?
    RaeBear Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 30, 2008, 11:49 PM
    Do you have any antique items? Sometimes a persons spirit will be attached to an item and you will have hauntings. It could also be from before the house was ever built. Our toys used to go off like that too, but just before they did it would get very cold in the room with all of the windows closed or in the middle of the summer. It's NOT faulty toys because the people that moved in after us where asking if there were any problems with the electricity. We did tell them that our toys would start going off all hours of the day. They were without children, but their lights were switching off and on and their TV would turn on in the middle of the night when they were sleeping and it would wake them up.
    crooked smile Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2008, 08:09 PM
    Ok. I have a very old metal dresser from my uncle. He is gone now. And I have had it for 15 years. He has been gone about 20 years. Brought it to this house from across states. It is like over 100 years old.
    A lot of things I gave up when I moved out. But all the time the lights flickered. Yes this happened often. We heard like noises in the attic and also like a rocking chair going back and forth. My daughter in law saw the same little girl about age 5 as I did in the house. She quickly disappeared from me. But my daughter in law said that they carried on a conversation. She told her that her father killed them all because they had no food to feed them or something. Can't remember it all. But supposely she said he killed all the kids. She also seen a woman in the mirror in which it scared her.
    I just would smell beautiful flowers in my room. And the neighbor said that she had a magnificent garden. Unusual things did happen there. But in another house we lived in there was toys that went off automatically I think there was much evil in the later house before I bought it. Maybe the story the little girl ghost told my daughter in law is true. What do you think? I am glad I don't own it any longer.
    Nicole Ghost 13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 12:56 PM
    MaryJC,

Are you still having problems with your house and the spirits?
    team ellis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2009, 09:12 AM

It does sound like you may have a ghost.
    If you have you will notice that certain areas in your home will go cold and occasionally there might be strange smells. If the ghost is just playing with the toys its most likely a child who wants attention and so shouldn't cause many problems. If it does light a white candle and place a small glass of sea salt water on the side to prevent any problems arising and to remove any negative energy with in the house.
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Jun 24, 2009, 03:15 PM

Hi Mary,

It does sound like spirit children, spirit children and spirit are drawn to children in general and like to come around and play, particularly with toys. What kind of presence could your husband feel?

If it bothers you you can ask them to leave you alone, but they are completely harmless.

Ooops I didn't realise this thread was 4 years old!!
    Brautiee Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2009, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crooked smile View Post
    Spirits in a house are real. I have felt them and I have seen one. I knew that a woman died there years before I bought the house. Recently I was moving out of a house and spoke to the spirits in the house saying that I was going to miss them. Cause I had lived there a long time and they were just there, I knew it and didn't fear it. But suddenly there was a huge crash like something fell. It happened twice in a row. That was it, I knew it answered me somehow. And I didn't sleep my last night there. What happened?
    It may have gotten angry or upset you were leaving
    Brautiee Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Jun 26, 2009, 05:20 AM

I recently used a ouija board. But one on the computer. (it shouldn't make a difference then then a board) and I'm pretty sure it was real because you had to put your name/D.O.B and it warned you and said for people over 15 only. Anyway here's how the conversation went.

Is anyone there?
    -Yes
    How are you?
    -Scared
    Why?
    -Killer
    How old are you
    Are you OK
    -No
    Do you want me to cheer you up?
    -No.
    Okay I am sorry I must leave.thankyou for your time
    *the triangle thing starts to shake *

I am scared I have angered him/her and they have come into my house. How can I be sure. And how can I get rid of them ?
    ENRIQUE123 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Jun 26, 2009, 04:37 PM

Lots of times ghosts still linger where they died so maybe it's the spirit of a small child that might just be curios or seeking attention so if its not harming anyone I think you should just overlook it. But Im pretty sure most likely it's a spirit
    Debbie0225 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2009, 01:20 PM
    I have had spirits in all the houses that I have owned... 3 in total. Some of us have a sixth sense and can feel them. I can go into anyone's house and feel whether there are spirits present. When I tell the owner/friend, their response is that I am not the first person who has told them that, and they have experienced some unexplained phenomenon in their house.

Oftentimes, you will find things missing, usually personal objects of yours or something that once belonged to the departed. Then one day, they will just be returned in the place that you looked for it 100 times! These are just the spirits having fun and really don't mean any harm. They are letting you know that they are present.( I am not talking about misplaced car keys or something that you may have absentmindedly put in an obscure place.) I am talking about objects such as a favorite piece of jewelry, an old dish/china, etc. that, most often, belonged to the deceased.

One of the easiest ways for the spirit to make contact/ communication is through electrical current by way of using their own energy. It is not often that they make themselves visible since the energy required for that is so high, it can be harmful to the spirit.

I have had so many experiences that I am a believer and not a person who seeks out some ridiculous adventure. As a matter of fact, I have had people in my homes who have witnessed the phenomena when I never told anyone that these things occur in my house. Ie: a light going on during the night when everyone is sleeping; the computer goes on after being shut down; door bell rings and no one is there; coffee grinder goes on and the plug isn't even in the wall; pillows are in disarray after I had arranged them; window shutters open after they were closed; power outages which occur in my house and not my neighbors' homes.I even had an electrician check my circuit breakers to see if it was overloaded, and they were not.I have tried talking to them and asking/demanding them to leave, but that didn't work.

It's a scary thought that we are not alone when we think we are and believe me, it scares the hell out of me knowing that. I know that I'm not crazy or delusional since I have had a number of witnesses.
    Even my children get a cold feeling in certain parts of the house and have heard footsteps in the middle of the night. After knowing that my kids and I are people that they can contact I know it won't stop! I have learned to live with it albeit I do not like it.
    themulster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 06:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Brautiee View Post
    i recently used a ouija board. but one on the computer. (it shouldnt make a difference then then a board) and im pretty sure it was real because you had to put your name/D.O.B and it warned you and said for people over 15 only. anyways heres how the convo went.

Is anyone there?
    -Yes
    How are you?
    -Scared
    Why?
    -Killer
    how old are you
    Are you ok
    -No
    Do you want me to cheer you up?
    -No.
    Okay i am sorry i must leave.thankyou for your time
    *the triangle thing starts to shake *

i am scared i have angered him/her and they have come into my house. how can i be sure. and how can i get rid of them ?
    You need to repent for engaging in this activity first of all and denounce Satan and pray for God's protection. You have opened up a doorway for demonic activity to come in, this is why the Bible says... "Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in [a] fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD" (Deuteronomy 18:10-12a).

I am not judging you, as I've done similiar things, but it is dangerous, and you need to take this stuff seriously. I still am followed from house to house by something and I have seen a ghost, and witnessed poltergeist activity many times. The way I have dealt with these activities is by not giving in to fear, do not react to anything that happens, in fact make light of it, laugh at it. It is a battle of wills, and they feed off negative emotions. Do NOT communicate with it, except to say "leave my house" along those lines.
    themulster Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2009, 06:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryJC111 View Post
    My husband and I have lived in our house for 4 years (house was built in 1955) My neighbors knew the previous owners...as far as i know no deaths in the house. My husband has claimed to have felt a "presence" though I never have. However, we have 4 children and alot of electronic toys in our playroom. The toys have periodically went off without assistance and no reasonable explaination. My girlfriend said sometimes these battery operated toys will malfunction when the batteries need to be replaced. I have just always accepted that as a good explaination. Though, last night one of my infant son's new toys (with new batteries) started playing lights and music for a minute and stopped and has not done it since. No one was even near the toy. My husband says "oh that's just the ghost" How do I find out if there really is a ghost or not?
    This stuff happens at our house all the time, the TV turns on and off, our fire alarm turns on, but then turns off when you go near it, and then it turns on again etc etc, things get moved, we get touched, the doors open, a friend saw a ghost when he looked after our house, pictures fall of walls, lights turn off and on etc. This isn't just in this house, it's been in all the houses I've lived in. I saw a ghost when I was 9 and things have been happening ever since. My recommendation is simple... do NOT communicate with it, except to say 'get out of my house'. Don't let it affect you or your family, if things happen, just make light of it, pay no attention to it, because it's trying to get a reaction. Don't show fear. When it starts getting the better of me and I start freaking out, I sing 'the Lord is my shepard', it lightens the energy in the room straight away. If you don't want to do that, just put a comedy on, or play some fun upbeat music that makes you feel good. Whatever you chose to do, just live your life. My kids are all aware of the goings ons in our house with whatever this things/things are, and they aren't the slightest bit bothered by it. If your children tell you that things are talking to them, then you need to take this further and take it seriously, you do not want them talking to them. Like the old saying goes, ignore them and they will go away. The ones that affect me, aren't constant, just from time to time, yes it's creepy, but like I said, if you don't let them bother you, you can just live your life as normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Spirits [ 9 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Some odd things have been going on in my house lately hense my being here today. My family is fairly religious, my mom has had stuff happen to her in the past growing up, things moving around and floating things like that. This is not a joke... They moved out of the house when the...

Is my home being visited by spirits? [ 9 Answers ]

I moved into my home in May 05. Every evening I feel someone is watching me and every night I wake up at 3:00 am with the feeling someone was just in my room. My daughter (23) has had the same feelings. Her room is in another part of the house. One morning at 3:00 I and my dogs woke to the sound...

Wine and spirits [ 77 Answers ]

I feel a little bit guilty for posting in here while I am in mourning and observing shiva... but I'm having trouble sleeping again and I guess this is a bit of a distraction for me. If you're curious what I'm talking about, please read my thread under bereavement: ...

Do I have spirits? [ 6 Answers ]

I visit abanded asylums,with that all photos have orbs with faces,really.I get chills a lot with hair on the back of my neck & the heat is blastingg.I hear whispering when I go to bed on one occasion a girls voice clearly said "can you help me? on another night I got up to get a drink and turned...

My dodge spirits problems? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 3.0 v6 dodge spirit with 150000 miles. Ever since I got it its had a problem with overheating although I'm not sure its over heating. The temp gauge is fine but after driving around for awhile it starts to chug and then just dies and won't restart for at least 30 minutes. Also just...

View more questions Search