Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittyfoster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 05:18 AM
    Can I dye my dyed black hair blonde again?
    I have coloured my hair platinum blonde, blue, dark blue and now black.
    Im happy with the black but I would like to dye the underneith platinum blonde so that I can dye it blue underneith (semi permement blue, which doesn't harm hair).

Will my hair just fall out or go coppery :(
    If I dye it and it goes coppery, then wait a week, and dye it again and so on, will it eventually go blonde?

Is there anyway I can do this at home, I cannot afford a salon.
    I have already bought 2 packs of platinum blonde hair dye, LIVE Schwartzkopf, it contains bleach.

Help please!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 24, 2008, 05:39 AM
    I don't know, kittyfoster, your plans sound like a recipe for disaster and you could jeopardize your hair's ability to recuperate after all of that dying and re-dying. A woman's hair should be an extension of her personality and wellbeing and it can't look like that if it is frizzed out and to be quite honest, falling out. Over what period did you do all this dying by the way ?
    CaRRazyBootiful Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Apr 24, 2008, 08:51 AM
    Color won't lift color. Another words the blonde color that you bought won't do anything at all to the black. Aside from red, black is the hardest color to get out. You have to strip it/bleach it. Going that light will have to happen in stages and I would seriously not do it alone . Your hair could even break off! And then you'd have what we call " chemical texturizing" lol Goood luck!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Apr 24, 2008, 09:31 AM
    Colouring your hair blue can be extremely damaging. Because you need to bleach your hair till it is pure white (the lightest it can ever get), not blonde. Applying blue on top of blonde will give you a green result. Yellow + Blue = GREEN. Plus, it can also be a bit difficult to lift out black hair colour. So you might need to do it several times which is very harsh on the hair.

You say you have coloured your hair several times. Your hair could be quite damaged already from this. You need to make sure your hair is in a more stable, healthy condition if you want to colour it blue. Your hair could break off if it is not in good condition. Condition your hair, have weekly deep conditioning/hot oil treatments to help it recover.
    Rachael368 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 09:51 AM
    Hey, I did exactly this :) You should dye it and then wait about a month or so until dying it over again, the first time you use the blonde, your hair will go copper, but the second time it goes a kind of.. troll orange, fairly bright. But if you buy Schwartzkopf Smart colour- Electric blue after the blondeing, it appears the right colour. This is what I did, although I must warn you, the colour doesn't last very long at all.. But good luck with that :) The blonde will definitely affect the black though, and your hair does dry out a little.. but if you treat your hair nicely, it'll slowly become more healthy.. Just make sure to buy shampoo for dry/ damaged hair. Good luck x
    reina1217 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2011, 04:02 PM
    If your hair is black you have to use a bleach not a dye. Wait at least a couple days after you dye it black. I suggest clairol born blonde maxi for about 15 bucks its what I use. I have black hair and I oput my own gold streaks in it it will go to platinum blonde you just have to leave it in longer and use PLENTY conditioner afterwards becausre the bleach will make it dry directly afterwards.
    reina1217 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2011, 04:04 PM
    Comment on reina1217's post
    As for the blue, if its like the silk temporary hair color that comes out very vibrant it just sits on the hair rather than mixing with it so my guess would be it would kum out OK, though you may have to use more. But I haven't tested it so I suggest testing a lock of hair first. Blue is a difficult dye color to work with and so is blonde so its not always a good combo.
    aarikanapps Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2011, 09:07 PM
    Well, I actually did this so I know from experience. My hair was black for years!! It really depends on the dye you used to dye your hair black. If it is feirra your screwed because EVEN IF YOU STRIP YOUR HAIR it will turn brown-orange, then it will turn bright orange, then it will turn yellow, then it will turn blonde, it really dried out my hair even though I used a deep conditioner twice a week including the olive oil conditioner that you have to get really hot with a blow dryer. If your doing an at home job you need to go to sallys beauty supply and tell them what color base your hair is (red base=your hair pulls at any red pigament, violet base= your hair pulls at any violet pigament) and they will recommend exactly what strip to use for your hair type also you need to get some biologe shampoo and conditioner I find that it is the best for dammaged hair. But even with that there is no guarantee that your hair will come out like you want it. Honestly, I would go to a professtional and TELL THEM EXACTLY WHAT BRANDS OF DYE YOU HAVE USED ON YOUR HAIR because what brand you have used is more important than you would think.
    meggybear821 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2012, 06:39 AM
    If your hair is black, and you just dyed it, you need to allow it to settle. I recommend waiting a week for your hair to set, then go to your local store and purchase a Volume 30 peroxide, and blue colored bleach. Afterwards, your hair should be close to a yellowish blonde. You should then use a toner. I recommend a pale blonde toner with a volume 20 peroxide. The toner counteracts and lowers the brassiness. Wait about a week and then apply the blonde dye you have purchased. Just make sure your blonde is WHITE, or your hair will turn an ugly green/blue color. You can then finally apply the blue dye.
    kjmcc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2012, 08:17 PM
    I have dyed black hair, I use Revelon, Id like to have a natural blonde color. I think I have a red undertone, my hair is very thin I've only been dying my hair black since last 2011 so it hasn't been black for even two years yet... Im so scared that my hair will fall out, I've attempted bleaching before and nothing bad happened it just turned a light orange color, what if I bleached it and got it light blonde and then put a toner on it? Would it turn blonde?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Natural Blonde hair dyed BLACK.want blonde back [ 22 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and it looks horrible. I have natural blonde hair and I really want it back... can I just buy a box of the same colour as my natural hair and dye it back? Any suggestions?:confused:

Natural Blonde dyed black - want back to blonde [ 2 Answers ]

hey guys, my natural hair colour is a really light blonde and i started dying my hair when i was around 14, im now 18. I originally just started putting brown through my hair and red and purple but one day i decided to go black, ive had black hair for years and even though im used to it and i...

Hair Disaster: blonde to blonde with violet red to black [ 13 Answers ]

Please help. I'm in tears, and have found no posts specific to my situation. I need a beauty professional. I have had a run of professional hair color disasters. I've done nothing myself. I'll lay it out. I am naturally a medium brown/auburn. I have been a wheat blonde with platinum...

Natural black hair that's dyed black, how can I lighten it? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi im new to this! Ive been dying my hair black for about 2 years. My hair is naturally very dark brown/almost black already. Id really like to color it a light brown. should i strip my hair color, then proceedto try a light brown? thanks so much for any kind of help!:o

I dyed my blonde hair auborn [ 5 Answers ]

Help! My hair is naturally blonde, but I wanted a non-permenent changge, so I bought a wash out dye that is not permenent temporary hair color that is supposed to wash out in 8-12 washes... the color I chose was like a spice or an auborn brownish color... well I dyed it and it did not turn out...

View more questions Search