Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tigerzxxx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Termination of Parental Rights in Texas
    :confused:
    Seven years ago I had a one week fling with a woman and since then had gone to prison. While in prison, she came to visit with a picture of a child she claimed was mine and a DNA test was taken and proven to be mine. After taking the DNA test in prision I was told by the constable doing the test, my rights would be taken away. I had no problems with that. Have not heard heads or tails of her or the child since then until six months ago I got a letter from the Attorney General regarding child support. How do I protest this and my rights for this child since I was told by upper authority that my rights were taken already and have not heard anything at all.:confused:
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2008, 08:17 PM
    If you the daddy, then you got to pay. Forget what upper authority says.
    Izannah Posts: 125, Reputation: 18

Apr 23, 2008, 08:53 PM
    Unless you signed relinquishment papers or have a court document stripping you of your parental rights, you may have been misled. I'd contact the county where this is supposed to have happened and request a copy of whatever order there is in place.
    If the "baby mamma" has applied for any social services, she would have to comply with Child Support Enforcement... which is why you would have gotten the letter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Termination Of Parental Rights In Texas [ 5 Answers ]

I have a daughter who is 4 years old. Her father has not seen her since she was about a year old. She doesn't remember him at all. He has wanted, since we started filing for divorce (which is now final and done with) to renounce his parental rights. I feel that that would be best for her...

Termination of parental rights [ 2 Answers ]

The biological father of my daughter has not seen her in over 7 years. The last time I heard from him was in Feb 2006 and it was not even him who called it was his mother who said he was going to have surgery because he had skin cancer that had metatisized and that he wanted to see her. I told...

Termination of parental rights [ 1 Answers ]

Me and my husband would like to get my two kids fathers rights terminated so my husband can adopt them.my son is going to be four hi biological father hasn't seen him in two years my daughter I almost two and he has never seen her nor has he ever paid child support how good of a chance do I have at...

Termination of Parental Rights [ 7 Answers ]

Can a parent terminate their parental rights so they don't have to pay child support?

Termination of Parental Rights in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

Once the parental rights of the biological parents have been terminated, does that mean the relationship of all biological relatives are also terminated?

View more questions Search