Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anonymous3 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 07:12 PM
    How early can spotting occur?
    Is it possible to notice spotting two days after unprotected sex? And when people say "it's light" I don't understand whether they mean its very little or the color is light. And can it be enough to fill up half a pad?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 21, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Yes, this is possible. Especially if sex was rough or you are near your period.

When they say "light" they mean the amount. Yes, filling up a half a pad can be very common.

Nov 22, 2007, 11:36 AM
    So would a HPT be accurate if I was to take it after the spotting stops? Or should I wait another week or so?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 22, 2007, 12:22 PM
    No it would not be accurate until you miss your period. It takes a couple of weeks for the pregnancy hormone hCG to build up in your system enough to be detected on a pregnancy test.

Nov 22, 2007, 04:56 PM
    Well, I have always had strange periods so having a period monthly is not common for me. I had my period in September & then October so I wasn't expecting one this month. It's also hard to keep track of my periods because they seem to just start on random days. It's never the same day for every month. It gets even more complicated because I've had very light periods before when I was younger. They were light throughout the whole 5-7 days & look similar to my situation right now. So I seriously don't know what's wrong with my body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rigor mortis always occur? [ 2 Answers ]

Does rigor mortis always occur? My friend just passed away last week and I noticed that his body was still as 'soft' as alive and by the time I touched him (wear new clothe), it was already 8 hrs after death. He died of heart disease. May I know why is it so? I read some articles somewhere...

How does double taxation occur [ 1 Answers ]

How does double taxation of corporate income occur

Chances something will occur probability [ 1 Answers ]

On a certain street are three traffic lights. At any given time, the probablity that a light is green is 0.3. What is the probability that a person will hit all three lights when they are green?

When would implantation bleeding occur [ 4 Answers ]

I am 32 years old and this is my 2nd month off the pill. We are not "officially trying" to get pregnant at this point, but also not avoiding it. I have always been very regular with a 28-29 day cycle (never more, never less). Last month I had some very light cramping and very minimal light red...

Can implantation occur in just a few days? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone... I started my period on Jan. 25... I took an ovulation test which was positive on Feb. 6th... I had intercourse on my most fertile days. I then started to spot 4 days later for a couple days... could this be "implantation bleeding"? I am very regular with my menstral cycle (28)...

View more questions Search