Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    enomis36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2010, 02:42 PM
    What kind of fallacies are these?
    I want to make sure I gottese right, so does anyone have the answer for what kind off fallacies these are?

1. The presiding judge of a revolutionary tribunal, on being asked why people were being executed without trial: “Why should we put them on trial when we know that they’re guilty?”
    2. Since good nutrition is essential to the health of its citizens, the government should punish people who eat junk food.
    3. A research study demonstrated that children who watched Seinfeld rather than Roseanne received are now getting higher grades in school. So it must be true that Seinfeld is more educational than Roseanne.
    4. Women ought to be permitted to serve in combat. Why should men be the only ones to face death and danger?
    5. Because so much money was spent on public education in the last decade while educational achievement declined, more money to improve education can’t be the answer to reversing the decline.
    6. He’s a columnist for the campus newspaper, so he must be a pretty good writer.
    7. We tend to exaggerate the need for standard English. You don’t need much standard English for most jobs in this country.
    8. Because this soft drink contains so many chemicals, it must be unsafe.
    9. Core requirements should be eliminated. After all, students are paying for their education, so they should be able to earn a diploma by choosing the courses they want.
    10. We should encourage a return to arranged marriages in this country since marriages based on romantic love haven’t been very successful.
    11. Supreme Court Justice Byron White was an All-American football player while at college, so how can you say that athletes are dumb?
    12. You know Suzanne Sommer’s exercise books must be worth the money. Look at the great shape she’s in now that she’s in her sixties.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 23, 2010, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by enomis36 View Post
    I want to make sure I [got these] right, so does anyone have the answer for what kind off fallacies these are?
    Yes, I do. What did you say each one was?
    lavender08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2012, 03:37 PM
    Women ought to be permitted to serve in combat. Why should men be the only ones to face death and danger?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Fallacies [ 12 Answers ]

We can recognize that athletes that participate in sports must be given special consideration within our grading system, or we can let the university sink into athletic oblivion.

What fallacies would this be? [ 1 Answers ]

The President’s agenda has been derailed by out of touch right-wing extremist lies spread by cable media and talk radio.

Anyone know about fallacies [ 2 Answers ]

1. It takes someone with a really big heart to give to our charity, and you seem like someone who cares more than most. 2. On a radio ad: “Have you been fatigued, irritable, moody? If these symptoms are ignored, you might become depressed or even suicidal! Ward off the blues by taking a pill...

Examples of fallacies [ 2 Answers ]

What are examples of a fallacy from a newspaper editorial and an opinion magazine?

What is a fallacies? [ 2 Answers ]

We can recognize that athletes that participate in sports must be given special consoderation within our grading system, or we can let the university sink into sthletic obilivon. What fallacies does this fall under and why? I have a final on fallacies and I have about 20 fallacies that is...

View more questions Search