I don't hate my job, I hate my co-worker(s)

Asked Apr 8, 2009, 08:08 AM 23 Answers
    Do you ever have a day in the office where everything is going grand until you see that one person that really grinds your gears.

Well I have one of those- I make one little mistake and she takes it up with the supervisor immediately when in fact she makes a million or more errors daily.

How are you supposed to deal with people like this?

If you have a stories or even tips on how to deal with situation like these please post

MRS.S

Last edited by mudweiser; Apr 8, 2009 at 08:27 AM.
    phoxphyer78's Avatar
    phoxphyer78 Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

#2

Apr 8, 2009, 08:42 AM

Do I ever... for one don't stoop to her level, she's a . Be the bigger person and maybe have a little talk with your supervisor let them know if there is a problem with your work, they should talk to you personally, not through the grapevine. I hate my job at times too, who hasn't?
    88sunflower's Avatar
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462

#3

Apr 8, 2009, 11:52 AM

Well good luck. I had my dream job and couldn't wait to go to work when I was punching out at night. But I had this co-worker who put me in total misery. I tried to grin and bear it every day. I went to my supervisor when I could. In the end it bit me in the butt. At a time I could have been promoted, I didn't get it. Because of my relations with her... so whatever you do or however you handle it be careful. I was so distraught over it I quit and then cried for weeks over it. Guess I only hurt myself quitting. But I couldn't stand the misery I felt everyday.
    mudweiser's Avatar
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707

#4

Apr 8, 2009, 11:58 AM
    Lucky for me, the supervisor and I are friends.

The fact that she's complaining a lot to her and amongst other co-workers really frustrates me [oh yea she's 19]. I'm in accounting and she's in customer service, where we clash is when it comes to invoices.

MRS.S
    phoxphyer78's Avatar
    phoxphyer78 Posts: 38, Reputation: 0

#5

Apr 8, 2009, 12:20 PM

Oh please, she's a child and has childish ways. She's probably jealous of you and the supervisor's relationship. Ignore her.
    redhed35's Avatar
    redhed35 Posts: 4,211, Reputation: 1904

#6

Apr 8, 2009, 12:28 PM

I'm a job coach for people with disabilities,one of the trainers I work with was so disrespectful and rude to the service users that I wanted to slap her!

When I stood up to her she turned the whole thing back on me and reported me for bullying her.

Frankly I was shocked and stunned at her effing audacity!

It all came to a head when she was caught verbally abusing a service user,she was sacked,but she made my life hell in work while she was there.
    I met her recently on a night out and she was still unemployed and still rude and mean spirited.

Moral of the story:
    Once a cow... always a cow.
    mudweiser's Avatar
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707

#7

Apr 8, 2009, 12:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phoxphyer78 View Post
    Maybe- she's been here a lot longer than me. Tough crackers!

Redhead:

MRS.S
    Klaipeda's Avatar
    Klaipeda Posts: 203, Reputation: 2

#8

Apr 18, 2009, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post

Well I have one of those- I make one little mistake and she takes it up with the supervisor immediately when infact she makes a million or more errors daily.

MRS.S
    I think she likes you and because she does not get from you what she needs or requires ( attentios etc), she hates you and tells you off to her boss. Does you boss says something to you after this woman reports you? If not, just laugh it off as reports will eventually stop as no boss can handle constant complains and she eventually will be told to stop moning. If your boss says something to you after she complained, be assertive and say that you prefer that your work coleagues can judge your work and you will be happy with that ONLY if she ( this women) is perfect and free of mistakes herself! It should be said in a polite tone. Good luck
    underpar's Avatar
    underpar Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

#9

May 17, 2009, 09:25 AM

If you love your job, don't let this one co-worker get to you. Do your job, be nice and sweet to everyone and sooner or later, she will get hers.
    jjwoodhull's Avatar
    jjwoodhull Posts: 1,378, Reputation: 239

#10

May 17, 2009, 09:52 AM
    It's hard to find a job that you really like, so I would do everything I could to fix this problem. Why don't you go straight to the source. Ask her to join you during your lunch break, then tell her that you feel that you and she have gotten off on the right foot and you would like to change that.

Often small misunderstandings can lead to huge issues because no one speaks up when the problem is still small.

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option.what should I do? [ 14 Answers ]

I hate myself.I hate my work but have no other option. People near me are OK but are always either scared or are in an licking state. I hate the environment. I cant quit because I hate to learn and what I know is not good enough. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee tell me what shoul I do! anyone!

Does my dad hate me? [ 16 Answers ]

I feel like everything I do is wrong! I can't do anything right. Its like whatever I do I'm never going to be good enough for my dad. He never notices anything I do right but when I do something wrong he goes crazy. I no your probably going to say he's my dad he must love me but he dosen't....

Why does god hate me? [ 8 Answers ]

I am about to turn 16.Alot of stuff been happening to me lately.(A)Ive been sent to a BD class in high school just because I get a little nervous around a lot of people.(B)everybody been wanting to beat me up for no reason.(C)alot of my relatives been dying.(D)then my ex girlfriend asked me out...

I hate myself [ 3 Answers ]

I hate living and no one wants me around and the only thing I'm good at is work and for money my parents want to kick me out and I the told me they wish I was dead my ex girlfriend is making my life a living hell and she makes me feel like I cant do anything and none of my famil wants me to move in...