Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iggyfalk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Unable to open xml files
    I work in software support and this problem is probably a issue with their Vista image, because it's not really "our" software as client can't access any xml files at all

Client reports that on any Vista OS in his office when he tries to access XML files through our programs xml viewer, it "just flashes" and nothing (his XP pcs work just fine).

Navigating through explorer to the xml produces same results. I tried to use the event viewer and client couldn't view xml friendly results either. We have never had a call like this and I have asked several developers and googled my fingers off and can't find a solution.

I just hate telling clients to reimage so if anyone has any ideas they are appreciated
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 19, 2008, 07:09 PM
    Identify an alternate XML viewer and have them install/try it. If they can view XML docs on that PC with that program, then the problem may actually BE your program's XML viewing code.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to share files in winxp & win2000 [ 1 Answers ]

Hye ! I have two PC one is having windows XP pro and other one is having Win2k. XP PC is having sify broadband which is shared by default windows sharing ( ip - 192.168.0.1 ) to win 2k machine. And its working fine. Now the problem is when I try to access xp PC from win2k it is showing...

Unable to Open Taskmanager, run command, [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, Last two days ago I am having a problem that I could not able to open taskmanager and runcommand, my IE was blocked by some ads, I even unable to open my system restore. Can any one help me out of this. OS: win Xp service pack 2

Unable to play avi files [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am posting for a friend From what she told she's experiencing a problem with avi files. She can't get them to play neither in Ares nor in Windows Media player. So I told that it might not be a problem of the two programs listed above but a problem in the settings. Please help me to help...

Unable to Open Certain Web Pages [ 1 Answers ]

I have both FF & IE on my XP computer. Two weeks ago I had Cable DSL installed & it seems the computer is more sluggish now. Is it possilbe they changes something in the set up? Before we used High Speed through the phone company. I have Trend Micro Running, Microsoft Antispyware AdAware SE...

View more questions Search