Ask Me Help Desk

Ask Me Help Desk (
-   Women's Health (
-   -   Vaginal pain and burning urination AFTER intercourse (

  • Jul 9, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Vaginal pain and burning urination AFTER intercourse
    I just had sexual intercourse with this guy I've been sleeping with on and off for 7 months... its been a month since the last time so its been a while; but anyway right after we were finished my vagina swells up a little and it hurts for me to walk and sit down. Oh you and not to mention, it stings a little when I went pee. Could this be from lack of lubrication? Or because we haven't had sex in a while?
  • Jul 9, 2009, 10:07 AM

    It could be from lack of lubrication, for sure. This is the most likely possibility.

    "Rough" sex can also cause more friction and therefore pain.
  • Jul 11, 2009, 02:21 PM

    I find this usually to happen for both those reasons. It is all right. Nothing really to worry about, however, if you are worried you can always ask a DR
  • Jul 11, 2009, 02:26 PM
    I don't necessarily agree that it isn't anything to worry about.

    You vagina should swell some during and following sex due to the increased blood flow to that region.

    But if you are having stinging pain during urination, it may indicate a different problem, from an infection to an STD. I would make an appointment with your OB/GYN.
  • Jul 11, 2009, 02:34 PM

    Its called honeymoon bladder. Go get tested for a uti. They are very easy to treat. Make sure you urinate before and after sex. Keeps the pipes clean. Also make sure his hands are clean when he touches you.
  • Jul 11, 2009, 02:58 PM

    I didn't want to cut and paste this whole long thing, but this doctor (or person, may not be a doctor, as I cant prove it is, but the information IS accurate none the less)
    Gave advise to this person for the same issue, and gave some good advise as well if you would like to read it.

    Pain after sex
  • Jul 14, 2009, 04:14 AM

    I get this very often, I have found that if you urinate before sex and make sure you have a drink before you urinate after sex (leave it a while but not to long) and make sure you clean yourself well after sex then this can help stop the problem... ive suffered from many many different types of urinary and vaginal infections (none of these beins std's as I've been checked) so be careful and if it persists go to the doctors and they'll give you antybiotics (then it may be cystitis)

    Hope this helps x
  • Jul 14, 2009, 12:59 PM

    This sounds very much like a balder infection (or some other vaginal infection), you might want to talk to your doctor about it. Nothing serious, this happens often. It could be due to rough sex, but if the problem presists, you're going to want to have it checked out.
  • May 26, 2011, 08:21 AM
    Its prop caused by thrusting to hard against your bladder as its behind your V'' Wall.
    I have resently discovered this, and thought I had STD's or a water infection.

    But when I explained to my 'friend' regarding this, we tried it more softly and with extra lobe and it has never come back.

    Just tell your partner to use more lobe, and don't thrust so deep inside... it doesn't do you no faviours. Xx

    Hope all works out.

    JJ.. x
  • May 5, 2012, 05:34 AM
    People who never had this problem assume it's a uti... no the stinging is not actually from the urethra its when the urine touches the vagina opening. I have uti and infections all the time... my lady love is sensitive! But sometimes my vagina does swell after... best bet is don't start the actual intercourse before you are fully aroused not only should you be wet... being wet is not everything because I'm always wet... u want your vagina to be prepared... your muscles loosen a bit when your fully aroused!

  • All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:13 PM.

    Copyright 2003 - 2014 -