Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jennifer88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2007, 08:24 AM
    Vaginal Bleeding
    I recently had a baby 2 months ago, around the 4th week after delivery I passed a blood clot the size of a golf ball. I also have pains in my abdomen area during sexual intercourse. What's wrong?
    MummaCrash Posts: 136, Reputation: 19

May 24, 2007, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer88
    I recently had a baby 2 months ago, around the 4th week after delivery I passed a blood clot the size of a golf ball. I also have pains in my abdomen area during sexual intercourse. What's wrong?
    It's a bit early for things to be back to normal don't you think?
    What I mean is, it's obviously not going to be the same for a while. Your vaginal entry is still recovering, (that's if you had a VB). Other then that even after a c-sec your body is recovering, it can take 6 months up to a year+ to fully recover.

I bled heavily for 8 weeks straight after giving birth, I had to wear wash cloths and maternity pads that whole time.
    I did pass clots and I did go see my Doctor about it as I was also worried, which is what you should do as well.
    I was assured it was just postpartum bleeding, lochia.

Sex is still a bit tender and it's been 7 months since giving birth.
    Our bodies are all different, best to see a Doctor who can diagnois you personally.

I hope things get better soon for you though! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prolonged vaginal spotting/bleeding [ 13 Answers ]

I have had a slight period for close to 3 weeks now. I have always been regular up until 2 months ago. This month all I seem to have is constant spotting... most times it can be a brownish colour but when wiping after going to the bathroom it is often pink or red. Since I have always been on...

Vaginal callus [ 2 Answers ]

A week ago I noticed a few little white bumps around my vagina (around the hole, if you will). I innitially freaked out and thought it was genital warts. I immediately made an appointment with my gyno that day. It turns out, to my relief, that they are calluses!! The doctor said they are caused by...

Heavy vaginal bleeding after rough sex [ 5 Answers ]

My new partner and I have just recently started having sex. I am a 42 year old female with three children. I had my tubes tied over 8 years ago after the birth of my third child. He is only the second person in my life that I have been intimate with. His style is not what I have been used to....

Vaginal Bump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small cluster of bumps on my vaginal. They're tender, but there isn't any discharge from it and around the time I discovered it, me an my boyfriend had sex. I started a little dry at first. It was unprotected. So could that be from me being dry as he went in and then his, I guess,...

View more questions Search