Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mary Ellen Kilfillen Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2007, 07:09 PM
    Lighting picture art
    How would you recommend I light 2 pictures, one on top of the other, in a dark stairway? I would like to use 2 halogen lights, on to light the top picture and another to light the bottom, but would like to mount both lights in the same spot, one with a shorter arm and the other with a longer one. Does such a spotlight system exist?
    gabra_123 Posts: 40, Reputation: 4

Sep 11, 2007, 12:38 AM
    Have never seen anything quite like I think your describing, and depending on where the lights are mounted and what level you are viewing them from, they might block part of the top picture. Something that might work is using a near flush-mounted light and a flat shade with a white or silvered interior to direct the light only at the paintings and out of your eyes. Just remember most lights get very warm! My boarder just burnt a hole in the wall of his room with a desk lamp, sigh! Good luck with your decorating

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Art picture [ 2 Answers ]

I have 2 etchings by Paul Wood of the Paris Etching Society of US, they were purchased in 1942 and are in excellent condition, like new. They were a wedding present. Are they worth keeping or selling?

Picture art [ 1 Answers ]

Where and what type of coloring inks are used to add color to black/white photographs

Art [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, But I miss typed the initials on my question. It should have been SZL. My etching are done by artist "Charlot". There is one "T" in Charlot. I have two, titles are ON THE HILL and IN AVEYRON, FRANCE. They are house scene. Appreciate any help on value and any other information. ...

Art [ 7 Answers ]

Where can I get some good colored pensils?

View more questions Search