Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeNe23 Posts: 31, Reputation: -1

Apr 1, 2007, 12:21 PM
    Should we be together?
    Me and my boyfriend been together for 3 weeks... When we met, he was so into me and he told me how he been trying to talk to me for the longest but I never paid attention... we would chat for hours the first few days we met and we convinced ourselves that we should ge together... I spend the weekend with him and it was cool... but I like him a lot and he likes me a lot but I guess my concern is that when we call each other we just sit there and breath... we will ask each other what are er doing then just sit some more and listen to each other breath... I feel like when we have nothing to say to each other that he either doesn't feel like bothered wit me or we are already getting disconnected... I take it hard when I lose someone in my life and I am just scared we isn't going to stay together long. Can someone give me advice on what should I do or should I even be worried... :confused:
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 1, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Is it different when you are actually face to face? Is the problem only over the phone?

Apr 2, 2007, 07:57 AM
    Yeah it is... but we haven't really spent alone time with each other cause he stays with his brother and his wife and son so when I go see him we don't get to bond as much...
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 2, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Then I think the problem is that you are not spending enough 'quality' time together to be able to talk and bond and discover each other. Why don't you try to meet in a setting outside of his brother's home, like going out to eat, the movies, or even the library, where you two can be alone and talk (don't talk in the library :) )

Apr 2, 2007, 08:33 AM
    ThanksI Kind of feel silly for be worried about it but I guess its because of how I been in relationships before... I just want to make this work
    lindeelouky Posts: 18, Reputation: 4

Apr 2, 2007, 08:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeNe23
    Me and my boyfriend been together for 3 weeks...When we met, he was so into me and he told me how he been tryin to talk to me for the longest but i never paid attention...we would chat for hours the first few days we met and we convinced ourselves that we should ge together....I spend the weekend with him and it was cool...but I like him a lot and he likes me alot but i guess my concern is that when we call each other we just sit there and breath...we will ask each other what are er doin then just sit some more and listen to each other breath...I feel like when we have nothin to say to each other that he either doesnt feel like bothered wit me or we are already getting disconnected...I take it hard when I lose someone in my life and I am just scared we aint gonna stay together long. can someone give me advice on what should I do or should I even be worried...:confused:
    Maybe you should tell your boyfriend that you don't want to spend this sort of time on the phone, since it seems to be ineffective and neither of you seem to be getting anything positive out of it. He doesn't know what to say and neither do you. OR, limit the phone calls to ten minutes and then get off the phone. The very best thing you can do is discuss this with your boyfriend. When you are together, tell him that you feel a bit awkward when you are sitting on the phone and not talking, you'll be surprised that he will probably agree and be happy to offer suggestions for making a change. Work together to make things better for each of you. Be honest - especially from the beginning, and you'll do great.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search