Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamaloves Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Could my baby be pregnant?
    Hi All,
    I have 2 beautiful mini doxens/dachshunds who I've managed to keep apart for 3 weeks (I'm exhausted!) I was wondering what my girls 1st sign of pregnancy would be... I m planning to have one litter only, I guess 6 months from now. But in case he got her behind my back, just want to know what to look for! Thank you, Bently, Barbie & Pam
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 02:34 PM
    There isn't any sure way to tell for at least a month or maybe longer for such a small dog. By then a vet or other experienced person can feel the puppies. Ultra sound and X-rays are even more reliable. False pregnancies are common and can be quite convincing. Dogs don't do ''quickies''. If they mated, you would have had a good chance to catch them.

I wonder if you have a good reason for one litter. We are slaughtering 10,000,000 dogs a year for lack of homes. Even if you have no problem placing her puppies, that will be that many more homes unavailable to other puppies. Maybe look at it some more. A good place to start is the breeding section at American Kennel Club - akc.org. Check Petfinder.com: Adopt a pet and help an animal shelter rescue a puppy or kitten. for how many mini doxies in your area need homes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Just had baby 8 weeks ago, could I be pregnant again? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello there, Just had a quick question. I just had a baby 8 weeks ago. I still haven't got my period yet, I did have sex 4 days ago and then again 3 days ago. Of course silly us we didn't use any protection. I started to bleed after having sex and I'm still bleeding now. Not really like a...

I just had a baby 6 months ago could I be pregnant again? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I am 21 years old I just had my first baby in April and it was a rough pregnancy I found out that I have an autoimmune diease which one is not clear yet we just know I clot easily. Anyhow I developed Preeclampsia in my 9th month of pregnancy and was induced 2 weeks before my due date. My...

Girlfriend Pregnant, baby isn't mine [ 28 Answers ]

Hi, I'm in a predicament I thought I would never find myself in and would like your advice on the situation. Im 21 and have been dating this girl for 4 months, she is also 21. A month ago she told me she was pregnant and it was from a guy that she had a one night stand with she didn’t use...

Pregnant with a married mans baby [ 6 Answers ]

About 4 months ago I meet a man that was still married but separated from his wife. He fell for me fast. I became pregnant about 2 months into us dating and this past christmas he ended it with me and went back to his wife knowing that I was pregnant. What do you think I should do?

Baby strange illness. Whole body of baby get harden [ 9 Answers ]

My brother's baby boy 4 months old got a strange illness. He had blood tested, brain scanning, lung checking etc. Everything is normal. But the baby boy got an unpreditable "body harden" illness. That is when it happens, the whole body of the baby get stiff and he can not move, can not cry... We...

View more questions Search