Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amary811 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2012, 08:43 PM
    Paraguard IUD
    I've had the paraguard iud for six months now and I have not had a period for that long either due to breastfeeding and I am still breastfeeding. I sometimes have very light spotting after sex and I had some today but a little more than usual but not a lot and I had sex the night before last. It was enough to make me wonder though, if its normal? Also I get all the symptoms of a cycle except the bleeding and my doc said that it just might be the way my body is having a period subtract the bleeding. So my question is if the spotting today, a little more than usual is the how my body is having a cycle?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2012, 08:17 PM
    It might be... or it could just be from the IUD. Some women will have some spotting after intercourse when they use an IUD for birth control. Is that the time you most often notice it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

On paraguard with spotting [ 0 Answers ]

I have had the paragard for 17 months now. Last Tuesday, October 25th, the day I was due to start, I spotted VERY lightly and just once. Since then I have had cramping and pains, last night I was bawling in pain for about an hour and it went away. Today I am still cramping with light dizziness,...

After IUD [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I removed IUD 3 month ago,i wont another baby, i had for almost 3 years, i did not had any problems,i had little more blood and little more pain then usual during a period , sometimes during the period i was taking Advil for pain, maybe one in a 3 month (just only during the period) i loved IUD...

Iud ? [ 1 Answers ]

I just got the iud the 24th of June and I go to get a keeny stone blasted or shock waved and I was wondering if the iud will be effected by the shock wave??

Should I get the IUD [ 21 Answers ]

Does any one have any advice on the copper IUD device because I am planning on getting that one but I heard it rusts,I rather get the mirena one but my insurance got cut off and I'm only able to get the copper one for free.

What is it-IUD [ 2 Answers ]

What exactly is an iud and how does it work and where do you put it?

View more questions Search