Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessie26 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Feb 16, 2007, 03:41 AM
    I'm 5 days late
    Hi there

I am 5 days late now (35days) and i done a preg test this morning and got a BFN :(
    Thats a result i didnt want to see !!
    So now i am feeling rather low about the result !! :( :(

I'm all bloated too, Im getting like tiny mild cramps !!
    My jeans are getting abit tight too !!

I am trying hard not to get my hopes up but this is the first time in years my period has been late like this !! As i have a healthy 5 year old already x x

Any advice or replys are welcome :)

Luv Jessie x x
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 16, 2007, 05:40 AM
    Five days is not always late, especially if you are stressing. Stress does terrible things to our bodies.

The symptoms you describe may be the beginning of your period and you are just late. Try taking another test in about a week. It is possible that you may be pregnant but the hormone levels were not high enough to be detected at this point. If that still comes back negative you need to schedule an appointment with your doctor to find out what is going on. If it comes back positive it will be time to make a prenatal appointment.

Feb 16, 2007, 06:07 AM
    Yeah i think its a good idea i waited another week to do another test !!
    Not been really under any stress just stressing out why i havent came on yet and why i am getting a neg result !!

But i am gonna wait and see what happens x x

Thanks so much for your reply J_9
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2007, 07:26 AM
    Have you gone to see your doctor yet? Getting an exam can get you more definite answers. I know that it doesn't seem like a lotta stress, but worryingabout why you are late, and hoping you are preggy can really throw off your periods. (I had this happen a lot when I was trying)

Feb 16, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Haven't been to see my doctor yet hunni as I think its far too early yet as I am only 5 days late!

Yeah I suppose your right there! I anit really worrying about not being pregnant it will just be nice if I was as my son is asking for a brother or a sister now as I feel sorry for him being on his own x x
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2007, 02:19 PM
    5 days is a short time. If it were me, I would wait for a week, if it didn't come, I would go to the doc before taking another hpt. Getting an exam could prove more effective then another hpt. But that is just me. I spent so much money on hpts in the year I was trying to conceive, that I finally decided to wait it out for two weeks late, get a blood test/see a doctor. Good luck, hope you find out soon.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Feb 16, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Just wait it out. I know how stressful it can be, even when you swear you aren't stressing. I'm trying to conceive for 6 months now, and I learned my lesson. I went 3 weeks late and had to take meds to get my cycle started back up. As soon as you "quit trying" and stop stressing over whether you will get your period or are pregnant it will happen! Good luck!

Feb 17, 2007, 03:15 AM
    Thanks buggage & automansgirl

Yeah I think I will wait it out now until I decide to see my doc!
    Going to do another test on Monday morning hoping that will detect weather I am or not!

Thanks for replying too x x
    adibu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Did you do another test? What were the results? I'm 5 days late today. I took a test on the day of my expected period and another one 3 days ago. Both were negative. I'm getting really anxious and don't know if I should wait until Monday (it's Friday today) to do another one or just get it over with and do one in the morning. I'm having mild cramps and am pretty gassy. My nipples are a little more sensitive than usual too. Thoughts? Ideas? I thought it could have been stress, but I wasn't stressed during my time of ovulation. We've only been trying for 1 month, so I'm HOPING I'm one of the few that has success so early on. Wish me luck!

Mar 2, 2007, 02:21 AM
    I did another test and then I got my af the nexted day! :mad: :(
    Good luck hope you get a BFP soon x x
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Well, I am glad you at least know what was going on now, so you don't have to wonder anymore. Hope you have better luck next time

Mar 3, 2007, 04:06 AM
    Yeha I am glad I know now too huni x x
    Fingers crossed for this month x x
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Mar 3, 2007, 07:42 AM
    I would wait until you are at least 1 week late, then re test using the first urine you pass when you wake up, if that is negative and you stlll don't get your period, wait until you are at least 10 days late and ask the doctor to take a pregnancy blood test. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

Two days late [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I never use any protection and I am now I am 2 days late with my period. Throughout the day I feel like I could start it at any time but the cramps aren't as bad as normal. Is this also a sign of pregnancy? Should I take a pregnancy test now or just wait it out?

I am 7 days late [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is tara And I am upset because I am not streed And I am 7 days late for my p word And my last p word was on the 20 auges 2006 And my nippe end are going brown and I fell sick and sleepy all the time And my homoren are all other the place Please can you help me and I am...

3 days late [ 4 Answers ]

Well i am 3 days late and i done a pregnancy test yesterday afternoon i think i done the test way too early :confused: !! Me & my DP saw a really really faint line but not too sure as i have been getting slight tummy pains :( !! The longest i have gone with my period is 34 days !! I have in...

3 days late [ 3 Answers ]

My period was due 1/26 and it didn't come. My boyfriend and I had sex on the 28th. When I wope up the next day I was bleeding am I pregnant?

View more questions Search