Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ange111 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2007, 06:36 AM
    Period was a day late and brown
    I'm on the pill and sexually active but my period was approximatly a day late and very brown, is this normal? I have also been stressed lately which I am hoping has caused this!
    Please help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 06:48 AM
    Yup, pretty normal. Not to slight your concerns in the least. But the pill can cause this, as well as stress.

How long have you been on the pill? Have you changed recently?

Jan 5, 2007, 06:55 AM
    I've been on the same pill (Norimin) for one and a half years! Thanks for your answer! Should I still take a pregnancy test just in case?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 5, 2007, 06:57 AM
    You can take one if it would make you feel more comfortable. But this is probably just an "off" period. We all have them once in a while.

If you do take one though, make sure you use first morning urine, even if the directions on the box say that it is not necessary. This is because, if you are pregnant, the concentration of the pregnancy hormone called HCG is highest in the morning.

Good luck and let me know what happens.;)

Jan 5, 2007, 07:01 AM
    Thanks so much for your help! You've eased my mind!
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 5, 2007, 07:03 AM
    Janny,

Do you think it would be worth you putting up a sticky about brown discharge? We do seem to get a topic or 2 about it most days.

Just a suggestion :) x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown Discharge and Late Period [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 (almost 25), married and my husband uses condoms when we have intercourse. Three years ago, when I was a virgin I had brown discharge for a few days and had missed my period that month. I blamed the situation on stress. At the beginning of September I was definitely stressed, but things got...

Brown discharge after one day period [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Guys on December 27th I got my period , it was really red and use two pads but on the next two days I started brown discharge. I usually get my period by the end of every month for three days. This is odd to me to have my period on the 27th of Dec for one day what can it be?:) :)

10 day late period but negative pregnancy test [ 5 Answers ]

I am ten days late for my period. It was due dec 17th or 18th. I had gotten them pretty regular the last two months about every 30 days. My boyfriend and I briefly had unprotected sex on Nov 26th and again on dec 26th but he pulled out and was not in there long- also he did not ejaculate. After...

11 days late and the 12th day come on [ 1 Answers ]

I missed my period I was suppose to come on on the 28 of December but I didn't people was telling me that they had a feeling that I was . Well the first week I went to the doctors because my pregnancy test told me that I was not. They told me that it was to early to detect. Then the 12th day I came...

Late Period Brown Discharge and cramping [ 4 Answers ]

My period is 4 days late and on the third day I had a brown discharge and I have had unprotected sex and there is some mild cramping. I also have irregular periods.

View more questions Search