Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blossom8209 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2010, 06:55 AM
    Period nine days late then some bleeding starts what's going on is it my period
    It's been nine days since my cycle was due, I woke up this morning and there is some light bleeding. I am feeling confused and wondering what does this mean? Is it my period? If it is, why is it so late? Could it be implantation bleeding?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2010, 04:43 PM

It may be your period is getting ready to start and is just off this cycle. It could be due to pregnancy. Try a test.

Aug 24, 2010, 09:04 AM

It turned into heavy bleeding today. Not normal for me either. And the last two cycles were only a day and a half long. I feel so confused. Should I talk to my doctor?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2010, 01:39 PM

It would certainly give you some peace of mind. Have you tried a pregnancy test? Are you at an age where perimenopause might be a possibility?

Aug 25, 2010, 07:42 AM

The bleeding has just about stopped, though it has been only a day so far. I am going to my doctor's tomorrow. Hopefully, she can help me. I will ask her if she can order up bloodwork, and hopefully from that, I can get peace of mind. I tried a home pregnancy test the day before my cycle was due, it had read negative.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had my period a couple days late heavy the 2nd day and red spotting after period [ 1 Answers ]

I was 3 days late on my period the 1st day was light the 2nd day was heavy after that spottig red every once and a while brown it has now been 5 days my period only lasts for 3 days what should I think?heeelllp

7 days late period, unprotected sex, light period but 2 negative pregnancy tests [ 9 Answers ]

STRESSED! The first day of my last period was May 13th, 2009. My ex & I had unprotected sex on May 31st, 2009 (we did the pull out method 2 times). I was supposed to get my period around May 8th or 9th & didn't get it until May 16th & it was noticeably lighter & ended on May 17th. I took a digital...

Period 10 days late, little bleeding still sore? [ 4 Answers ]

So my period is over 10 days late and i have never ever had it that late before!! then the other day i had a little bit of bleeding, and it was heavy at first but then stopped, my breasts are still sore and i have been feeling constipated still, i have frequent headaches, and i have been very...

Late Period and bleeding for only 2-3 days [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I am 22 and I was late having my period by 3 going on 4 days usually I'm off by a day or 2 but I was a little worried that the third day was here and I still had no period. However the night before I came on I saw what seemed to be very light pinkishy spotting I got really scared and was like...

View more questions Search