Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imworried Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 12:12 PM
    Bump on my labia
    About 3 weeks ago, I noticed a hard pea sized bump on my labia majora. I do shave there, so I figured it was an ingrown hair. I squeezed it and a little discharge came out and it was sore and swollen for a couple days, but when the swelling went down, I thought it was on the road to recovery.
    Now this week, it is red and swollen again and kind of hurts. I tried squeezing it again but no discharge this time. I am getting worried as to what it is. It appeared out of nowhere and I can't figure out what it is.
    I read that genital warts are flat and flesh colored, not red. But do they hurt or cause discomfort? Have you ever experienced anything like this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 21, 2006, 12:50 PM
    This is something that you should get checked out by your physician to be sure. The herpes virus can be either painless or painful. The lumps can be reddened and swollen.

Please make a doctor's appointment to be sure of what you have.
    amour_amour363 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Dec 21, 2006, 11:33 PM
    I have had similar problems, and it was caused by hair removal. I am guessing that the hair folicle got trapped or infected. If you have beenhaving unprotected sex, then I would say get it checked out, otherwise just wait a while to see if it goes away.
    sketcher Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2006, 02:35 AM
    I would just like to add that even with protected sex, one may develop HPV (Human Papoloma Virus) or Herpes (because condoms only cover the penis--not the pelvic bone, testicles, etc.). It could possibly be an ingrown hair but there's no such thing as 100% "safe" sex.
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Dec 22, 2006, 07:10 AM
    Before you panic, let me tell you that I have gotten painful bumps like the ones you are describing that was related to hair removal. Hair removing can leave cuts and abrasions in the skin, open to bacteria, that our immune system then attacks. Our immune system activity can cause discharge as well. We also have lymph nodes near our groin that can get swollen as well. There are lymph nodes near our arm pits that can also swell when you shave your arm pits.
    So, don't panic but make an appointment with your doctor who can take a look at you and tell you what is going on with your body.
    SurfaGirl012 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Hey girl,

Unfortunately I have both genital herpes and 2 different strains of HPV... and this does not sound like either.
    Research Bartholin gland cysts... they can be aggravated by unprotected sex, or caused by somethinh entirely innocent, like allergy medications. You can treat them yourself much in the same way you'd treat a pimple (ie, soaking with hot waschlothes) but if it doesn't go away quickly you may want professional help.

Definitely, definitely don't freak out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bump behind my right ear [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I've noticed for the last two weeks that I have a hardened bump behind the middle of my right ear. It feels as hard as a bone. It doesn't hurt or anything, but I am getting stressed out about it. Anyone know what it could be? What are the probabilities that it could be something very...

Werid bump [ 9 Answers ]

Now I am a virgin so I don't think this is an std... I have get these werid bumps ryte next to my balls. If you push it goes in and it hurts like HELL... I some times have trouble walking bkus it hurts so my at times... some times in about a week it will go away and ill get 1 a few weeks later....

Song with Bump in it [ 5 Answers ]

I'm looking for a song that I believe was in the 70's - it has the words... or something similar... Give me the bump, got to have that bump I've tried searching on Google, etc and haven't had any luck. Your help would be appreciated. :D

Bump [ 1 Answers ]

Well I just found a weird bump behind my ear it does not hurt at all and it was never there before! It's also like hard not soft! What do you think it can be!! I don't want to worry if there's nothing to worry about!! I always worry myself sick! Thanks a bunch everyone!

Bump! [ 1 Answers ]

:-[ I know there was a similar message posted previously but my prob is a little different. I am 18 years old and about once every month or two I get a bump about the size of a large zit on the outside of my labia majora (I think its called?) its not really in my pubic region but right next to...

View more questions Search