Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mia22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2006, 09:04 AM
    6 weeks after abortion, still no period. Could I be pregnant?
    I had an abortion using misoprostol alone in October 25th ( I live in a country where abortion is illegal). I started bleeding the same day I took the medication and had very painful cramps. I also passed a large clot. I stopped bleeding 6 days after, so I went to the doctor and she made me a vaginal ultrasound. She didn't find pregnancy tissue and my cervix and endometrium were closed. I no longer felt the extreme fatigue and breast soreness. Yet, I'm very worried because it's been 7 weeks and I still don't get my period.
    I made two quantitative pregnancy test. First, at 4 weeks and the hgc levels were at 3.14 and at 6 weeks were at 0.100 I'm very concerned because abortion with misoprostol alone is only 80% effective. But I guess my hgc are too low. What should I do?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 6, 2006, 12:58 PM
    You need to go back to the doctor. It could be that your hormone levels are still high enough to prevent menstruation, but it could be something more serious that only your doctor can diagnose with a physical exam.
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Jun 5, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Hi Mia. Ummm I really don't think the attempted abortion is going to be detected by a doctor. So maybe you should go see one. I will try to research this some more but you should really check into this. Honestly @ this point you are playing with fire and if you are pregnant you could have done something to make this even more of a problem.
    lillypopkins Posts: 26, Reputation: -1

Jun 11, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mia22
    I had an abortion using misoprostol alone in October 25th ( i live in a country where abortion is illegal). I started bleeding the same day i took the medication and had very painful cramps. I also passed a large clot. I stoped bleeding 6 days after, so i went to the doctor and she made me a vaginal ultrasound. She didnt find pregnancy tissue and my cervix and endometrium were closed. I no longer felt the extreme fatigue and breast soreness. Yet, i'm very worried because it's been 7 weeks and i still dont get my period.
    I made two quantitative pregnancy test. First, at 4 weeks and the hgc levels were at 3.14 and at 6 weeks were at 0.100 I'm very concerned because abortion with misoprostol alone is only 80% effective. But i guess my hgc are too low. What should i do?
    Don't worry I was worried with the same problem it took mine 12 weeks to arrive I went to doc with my concerns and she was sure it would come and it did so I'm sure you will be fine
    Tonyaloveless Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 01:51 PM
    Hi , I'm having the sam issue too.
    I had and abortion . Although its always been something w=I was strongly against, I was tramtized after the fact. Every time I would close my ee I would be back on the table with the mask on my face. I have two children and the only reason I did it was because my husband.. now he is my soon to be ex husband because I couldn't look at him anymore. I hamy abortion almost 6 weeks ago, by that point my hcg levels should be low... but now I am still getting positive results, if I am I keeping it of course and sticking him with support ;).
    Do what you think you can live with OK. Let no one make there mind up for you
    lillypopkins Posts: 26, Reputation: -1

Nov 22, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonyaloveless
    Hi , im having the sam issue too.
    I had and abortion . although its always been something w=I ws strongly agianst, i was tramtized after the fact. Every time I would close my ee I would be back on the table with the mask on my face. I have two children and the only reason I did it was b/c my husband..now he is my soon to be ex husband b/c I couldnt look at him anymore. I hamy abortion almost 6 weeks ago, by that point my hcg levels should be low...but now I am stil gettin positive results, if I am I keepin it of course and stickin him with support ;).
    Do what you think you can live with ok. let no one make ther mind up fo you
    Hi I know it is very hard and every month you will think what age they would be now but it does get easier I was waiting 10 weeks for my period abd was told it can take this long but you still worry they told me to avoid a pregnancy test until after 10 weeks as your levels can be high and everyone is different its been 9 months since my abotion and I just don't speak about it I find it hard to even now but life will get better and you may long 4 another child but wait until your sure as know in 2 more years I would love a baby but wasn't ready at the time nor was my partner so I felt I had no support which is sad really I hope you get the right result 4u keep well
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

Nov 22, 2007, 12:37 PM
    OOPS! SORRY EVERYONE! I REOPENED THIS THREAD NOT KNOWING HOW OLD IT WAS!!!
    anniel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2008, 05:06 PM
    From my own experience:
    I had the surgical procedure on June 5 (at 5 weeks) and I did not take the pill after that, just waited to see when my body will go back to normal.. the doctor told me it would take 4-8 weeks until I get my period again.
    I did a pregnancy test on June 18 (2 weeks after the abortion) and it was still showing "positive" due to the hormones leftover.

I my period on July 1st, which makes it exactly 27 days after the abortion... which surprised me nicely because I normally used to have it every 25 - 27 days. So no big delays there!

But I guess it's a unique situation for every girl.
    P.S.: don't let anyone bring you down for your decision, it's YOUR body after all.
    Love91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 10:16 PM
    Ok I got an abortion about 4 weeks ago, but me & my fiancé still were having ontercourse the day after and continuously & I took a pregnancy test about to days ago & it came back positive... soo I don't know.. I was going to wait until dec to do anthor one just to be sure.. Any advice its sounds,like a dumb question but I'm just making sure.!
    mermaid23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Well I will be honest I am married and have one kid... he is alredy 3 years old... one day I made the biggest mistake in my life and cheated... Since my first child I had never used any contraception so I would think that I am not that fertile... but unfortunately the month that I cheated end up being pregnant... no to make matters worst makes me almost positive that the father is not my husband. So I decided to go tru wt a abortion.. (surgical)... in late march.. after the abortion I have been having unprotected sex wt my husband.. I did a pregancy test in middle of April and it was negative I was 5 week when I did the procedure.. but now its may 7 and no period... did a pregnancy test and still negative... starting to worry if something is wrong that I don't get my period...
    BrownSkinBaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2012, 09:12 PM
    Hey everyone.. I had a abortion on may 18 of last month and I had sex 3 days after and I still didn't have my period and it been 6 weeks.. what's going to happen?
    Besos661 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2012, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownSkinBaby View Post
    hey everyone.. I had a abortion on may 18 of last month and i had sex 3 days after and i still didnt have my period and it been 6 weeks.. whats gonna happen?
    I had my abortion May 22 which only made it 4 weeks yesturday. It has not been 6 weeks silly! I as well haven't revived my period yet. After my abortion I only spotted for 3-4 days and I was really surprised that was it. But emotionally I could'nt make love only 3 days after my abortion. We waited our 2 weeks like our doctor told us. Now I am just waiting for my period. That was the hardest choice me and my hubby ever made... :/ Something I can and will never through with in my life again! Did you use protection? Your body was not ready inside... :/ But I am pretty sure you could get pregnant. Good luck!
    trantarara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2012, 12:15 PM
    Well, I had abortion 2 month ago and no period, test still positive. Though, my hormones level is going down and ultrasound shows I am clear. Doctor said I am perfectly healthy. I had sex all the time after 2 weeks after abortion while withdrawal. Risky but it works for me, however I knew I could get pregnant and if I get pregnant we decided to keep the baby if it happens again.
    maani2sharma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2013, 08:25 AM
    I also have same problem will you tell me what is it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm 10 weeks pregnant [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I'm 10 weeks pregnant and I have been using Certain Dri Anti-perspirant. Is it okay to use when pregnant. I couldn't find any information about not using it when pregnant?

Still no period after abortion [ 3 Answers ]

If I had THE abortion on May 5, 2006 and I started my birth control pills on that Sunday may 7, 2006 It is now July 1, 2006 shouldn't I have a period by now I am finished with my second pack of pills.today.I took a test like two three days ago but it said negative... what going on

No period after 17 weeks from birth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Just a bit worried really. I still have no sign of a period after 17 weeks from my birth date. I get all the stomach cramps that you get before them but no sign of a bleed? Is this normal? Thanks Sarah xxx

Abortion could I be pregnant again [ 2 Answers ]

I am 21 years old and I had an abortion on May 5, 2006.. I started my birth control pill on Sunday May 7, 2006.. but sometimes I forget to take the pill and I end up taking like two in one day.. I have had sex like 10+ times on the day I missed my pill and on days I take the pill.. but I did not...

View more questions Search