Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zipzapzoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Prolonged period bleeding
    I am on the pill and have been taking it as I am suppose to for 7 months stopping for one week to come on my period but this month I stopped taking my pill for a week as usual and came on my period but have been on now for 3 weeks , what is wrong?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2009, 03:37 AM

Could be the pill... irregular bleeding sometimes happens and changing to a different one helps.
    Some women develop polyps which can cause unusual bleeding... although more often in older women. Might be abnormal cells on your cervix (dysplasia)... fairly common reason.
    Certainly have your doctor check it out for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prolonged vaginal spotting/bleeding [ 13 Answers ]

I have had a slight period for close to 3 weeks now. I have always been regular up until 2 months ago. This month all I seem to have is constant spotting... most times it can be a brownish colour but when wiping after going to the bathroom it is often pink or red. Since I have always been on...

Prolonged Vaginal Bleeding [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody! I have a question to ask. Im 21 years old and embaressed and scared of my situation. For the past two and half years I have been having prolonged vaginal bleeding along with blood clots at times. It started right around February 2007 I didn't have a period at all, and then all of a...

Prolonged bleeding after pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

I had a baby at 22 weeks on feb 28(vaginal birth) and she passed away. Since then I've had on again off again bleeding. I've had intercourse so I could be pregnant. I took 3 pregnancy test and 2 came up negative and on came up positive. I also have nausea and sore breasts. This was my 5th loss in 2...

Prolonged menstraul bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I started some light spotting around the 13th of November and I went to the ER because I was bleeding for like more than a week and they told me that it was normal especially if I have been stressing and that I should be OK and that it would stop on its own OK so I have been bleeding off and on...

View more questions Search