Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shopgirl2330 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2006, 08:24 AM
    Morning sickness Overload
    So OK, I'm 14 weeks today, and I've been In Major HELL, with this whole morning sickness! I've just about had it. I've tried to be positive and just happy that I'm pregnant, but when your throwing up EVERYDAY and EVERYTHING, it's hard to look at the bright side. I've been prescribed three medications already, the first one was (Emetrol, the next one was Phenegran, however you spell that, and then when that didn't work they had me try these suppositories, which were a pain, because they were supposed to knock me out, but didn't, then I ended up in the emergency room, because I was losing way too much weight, and couldn't hold anything down, and I was sooooooooo dehydrated, that they had to give me an IV with fluids, and they tried using this triple combination of medicine to calm down this HORRIBLE Nausea, I believe it was the phenegran w/ zofran/ and regeland or something like that. Well that worked for awhile, and I went home with the regeland and since I can't take it orally because I throw up seconds later, I have to put in apple sauce. And this worked for about three days until yesterday. I threw up again, and it's just a pain in the rear... I'm just worried, and I'm soooooooo tired of being sooooo sick, I know it's supposed to go away soon, since my first trimester is pretty much over, and I'm into my second, but I need some reassurance from somebody who's been through this, and has had it this BAD!! I'm so weak and I have no energy to do anything that it's depressing. So if any of you out there have any words of advice on what to do, or just some words of encouragement would be nice to hear. Thank you soooo much for reading this, and can't wait to hear from you guys..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 20, 2006, 12:30 PM
    Oh, shopgirl, I feel for you. Although I never had ANY morning sickness during my 4 pregnancies, I know of many people who have.

Have you tried any of these home remidies?

Get a Coke and stir it so that the carbonation is out, then small teeny time sips. The coke syrup is said to soothe an upset tummy. You can also do this with Sprite.

Another is jell-o. Make the jello according to package directions and whlie still warm, sip, again very slowly. The warmth and gelatin is said to help soothe also.

Just a thought or two.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2006, 12:55 PM
    Hey girl, so sorry to hear that you are having it so rough. Is this your first pregnancy? I am now on my second, and feeling the nasty effects of the morning sickness as well. I am in my 6th week. My first time around with my son, it was terrible. I had it every day, all day for the first 5 months. I didn't really start showing until around then, because I just had such a hard time holding any weight on me. I don't know a whole lotta advice that I could give, as I'm trying to figure it out myself still. Eat every hour if you have to, just to keep something on your stomach.dont eat a lot, just enough to satisfy. Having too much on your stomach can make you sick as well. And once you start getting hungry, that morning sickness creeps up on you. Don't eat anything heavy or greasy. Gatorade is great for the dehydration. Its really for the electrolites and such. Try to stay away from things that have a really heavy or strong smell or taste to them, as well as anything that is acidic. Basically things that will come up as easy as they go down. Because those of us with the bad nausea know that it can be ten times worse tasting when it comes back up. Soups, and toast, crackers, etc. bananas are good if you are having diahrea. When my son gets sick and throws up a lot and has diahrea, the docs tell me to put him on the brats diet. Bananas, rice, apples(applesauce) toast and saltine crackers. So I have tried to stick to that through out th emorning sickness, and it does help. I wish I could be more help. They need to come up with the miracle pill that fixes it. But until then, hang in there. Once that little baby is in your arms, you will forget all about the pain and discomfort you have treaded through the last 9 months to get them there. Trust me. It will all be well. Hope you get over thismorning sickness soon, so you can start enjoying your pregnancy. Best wishes.
    picopooki Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2008, 05:41 AM
    Hi

I hated morning sickness so much I created a site specifically to help other ladies with morning sickness. It has pages and pages of info as well as product reviews guestbook and remedies.

The best are
    Regular protein
    End Morning Sickness EFT
    Morningwell

The site is Survive Morning Sickness - nausea and vomiting in pregnancy
    veggiecraze Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 24, 2012, 02:39 AM
    Girl am so sorry to hear that you have been having it exactly as bad as I did on my first one. I literally survived on cucumbers, as water and almost everything else made me puke. The trick is to erase the memory of the vomit out of your head cause I noticed if I ate and puked something out, I never wanted to try it again. Try lots of different things and avoid oily stuff completely. I am in my ninth week with my second and the problem is I keep vomiting out bile. I am grateful that this time around am able to keep the actual food down though, but vomiting just spoils one's desire to eat once again. Good news is, my morning sickness first time around ended at around 5 months. I was sickly through out the pregnancy but it got better and to a stage where I didn't feel sick and weak. I pray the morning sickness ends for you soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ear Sickness [ 3 Answers ]

My son who is 5 years old has some sort of redness and some itchy boils on his right ear. Few days back transparent liquid was oozing out from his ear. It doesn't stink. Doctor has given him some ear drops as he says it is an ear viral infection. Recently the redness has increased and I...

Morning sickness [ 9 Answers ]

Anyone have any morning sickness tips for me? Its been a while since I went through this, so any tips would be helpful. I forgot just how much I disliked the first trimester hahha. Thanks

Concern about circuit panel overload [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in a process of adding a full bath and have a few concerns that I need your help with: #1. I have a 125 Amp circuit panel, and I did some calculation by adding up all the Amps for individual circuit breakers. I came up with: a. On the left hand side, the total of 155 Amps. b....

Concerns with circuit overload because of bathroom remodeling [ 1 Answers ]

I’m in the process of remodeling my basement bathroom and have hit a road-block with the wiring. Here are my questions. • Before I started my basement bathroom remodel, the only thing that was wired in the bathroom was a vanity light from a 15A circuit. This circuit is shared with the upstairs...

Girl Friend Overload? [ 3 Answers ]

It's understandable that you want to do these things for him, as you love him. It's all well and good as long as he appreciates it but the worry is that he will become to rely on you too much. When in a relationship some people adjust slightly but keep their independence, as you have. However,...

View more questions Search