Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    p and t 09 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 04:57 PM
    12 days late for period, pt negative?
    Hi I'm 11 days late for my period took a pregnancy test when I was 5 days over it was negative. I lost my last baby and I'm really worried about this as this is what happened last time but I had negative results al the way up to when I lost my baby at 5 and a half months
    Paige 18 and worried
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 03:15 AM

If you are normally quite regular, maybe see your doctor about having a blood test done. Or you could try another urine test at home first. Whether negative or positive, you could then see your doctor at that time.

Mar 16, 2009, 04:29 AM
    I have woken up this morning with light spotting dark red to brown colour, do you fink I could still be pregnant ?
    Thank you
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 04:37 AM

It's possible... could also be your period starting. See what happens over the next few days. Fingers crossed!

Mar 16, 2009, 06:13 AM
    OK I will do thanks. But I av never been this late before. Apart from my last pregnancy I'm really scared that was the worst thing ever.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 16, 2009, 06:14 AM
    If you are scared darlin, it's time to visit your doctor so that you can put your fears to rest and get the answers you need.

Mar 16, 2009, 07:41 AM
    I went to see my doctor the other day and he said to leave it a about a week as it could be to early. I was reali happy that I had missed my period for so long now I have started bleeding I don't know what to think as my cousin said she had negative tests and bleeding with her 3girls and not with her little boy. My mum said she had her period all the way through her pregnancy with me. So what should I think? Could it still be possible ?
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 08:31 AM

Yes, it is still possible, but you will simply have to wait and see what happens over the next several days. If still no actual period, try another home pregnancy test.

If your gp would do a quantitative blood test, it wouldn't be too early, but they often prefer to have you wait... sometimes until you have missed one or even two periods and are still getting a negative result on a home pregnancy test. Otherwise they will do a urine test in the office and it is often not any more sensitive than what you can buy yourself.

Mar 16, 2009, 03:46 PM

OK I will do that. I really hope this isn't anything bad as I really want a baby. I hope this is a little something that's guna end. I'm getting a bad stomach pain with it to in between my pelvic bones. Do you no what this could be? I hope I'm guna be OK!
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 04:13 PM

Is the bleeding still light, or is it more like a period? Perhaps is it your period and it was just off this cycle.

Mar 16, 2009, 04:57 PM
    It is still light not hardley any bleeding but a bit of pain and its still dark. Any ideas?
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2009, 05:14 PM

I'd just wait and see... that is all you can do. Try another test at the end of the week, or maybe see about having a test done at your doctor's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

18 days late with period.Negative Pregnancy tests! [ 6 Answers ]

I was suppose to start my period on December 16th. I have never had irregular periods or even started late. My cycle is exactly 30 days. I did have unprotected sex several times during the end of November and all throughout December. I haven't had to many common pregnancy symptoms. Although I have...

19 days late for my period, with negative results? [ 8 Answers ]

Hello. This is my first post on this site. I'm 19 years old, and I think that I may be pregnant. My periods are usually normal , and have never been this late. My last period January 23rd, and I had unprotected sex during my ovulation. I am now 19 days late for my period, and hoping for a baby....

Period four days late but negative pregnancy test? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, me and my husband tried for a baby for about 6 months I got pregnant and we were so excited we really wanted a baby. Well at 2 months I had a misscarriage:( We waited 3 months like they doctor said we should before we started trying again. Now, it has been exactly 3 months since we've been...

2 Negative HPT 5 days late with period [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I recently stopped taking my Birth control at the beginning of Jan. Right after I stopped I got my period. Then my boyfriend and my had unprotected sex with the pull out method (he never came inside of me). Just to be safe I took Plan B. The last time I got my period was the middle of jan....

Period 15 days late but negative tests [ 2 Answers ]

My period is now 15 days late & I've taken 5 pregnancy tests, all are negative but I have symptoms of pregnancy, for eg: exhaustion, nausea, lightheadedness, backache, cramps. Could I be pregnant? In 15 years, I have never missed a period or been more than 2 days late

View more questions Search