Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    womaningirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Dec 7, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Should I say the truth
    I don't know if this is OK
    Once my boyfriend asked me if I have ever self pleasured myself and I said no
    Should I tell him the truth and say that I have
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 7, 2008, 09:44 PM

Fist, how old are you?

Second, why would you lie? Everyone masturbates, those who say they don't are lying.

In other words, he should already know you didn't tell the truth.

Why are you afraid to tell him that you know your own body?
    GoldenGate Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2008, 10:24 PM
    Yes, tell him. Absolutely. He'd probably find it hot. And he DEFINITELY won't find lying hot.

Then after that, you should consider why it is that you lied in the first place - that seems to point toward a relationship problem of some sort to me, which may need fixing.

Dec 11, 2008, 04:51 AM
    I am 17
    And next time I will tell him if it comes up

I just didn't think I should tell him that at the time
    If it ever bursts uo again I will be honest.
    Grayfox Posts: 129, Reputation: 23

Dec 11, 2008, 05:43 AM

Ehhhh, I don't know about what altenweg says about everyone masterbating. Neither of my girlfriends did, I know that for a fact (believe me they would've told me, I thought that was like... "sexy"... at the time) but there are definitely a large percentage of people that do. I wouldn't be afraid to tell him, its not necessarily something to be ashamed of. I'd just come out with it, not even necessarily wait until he asks again. I'd just say that there's something you've been meaning to tell him and it bothered you that you lied but you were scared at the time. Problem solved.
    Wrenn Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Dec 11, 2008, 10:33 AM
    It doesn't matter how old you are, masturbation is awesome, normal and healthy.
    Some people consider it to be private and they keep it a secret, others are more open about enjoying it regularly or whenever they feel like it. If you feel comfortable enough to say that you do masturbate, then tell him. It wouldn't hurt, because the right partner will find that to be one more attractive thing about you. Masturbation is sexy. Some partners feel threatened when their partner masturbates, which I find strange. I say make yourself happy always, and the person who loves you will love you for all of you.
    Eileen1218 Posts: 145, Reputation: 8

Dec 11, 2008, 12:54 PM

What I question the most is.. why does he want to know and why should you tell him?
    After all it's your private personal business. I wouldn't consider it a lie is you didn't want to admit it... IT IS YOUR BUSINESS AND PRIVACY.
    Grayfox Posts: 129, Reputation: 23

Dec 11, 2008, 01:07 PM

I mean, to a certain degree you could call it your business. However, when you begin a relationship with someone, I believe certain things should be exposed if there is a real sense of shared truth in the relationship. I believe that these things help to build trust, and there's no reason to be ashamed of something like that.
    BetrayalBtCamp Posts: 307, Reputation: 63

Dec 11, 2008, 01:11 PM

The bigger issue is why you felt a need to lie about it. You could have said "That's for me to know!" & diverted the conversation instead of being untruthful.

Do you not feel safe or comfortable with him?

Being honest is an important attribute to have, but that doesn't mean you have to share information you don't want to. You just need to figure out a way to be honest without giving out info you aren't willing to share. That's important too, because there are lots of people that will ask questions you won't want to answer, but that doesn't mean you should lie either. Just figure out a way that works for you that is an honest response.

Has he been your boyfriend long?

Dec 11, 2008, 02:17 PM

I thought he would look down on me about it but hearing from you guys makes me feel better
    And I do trust him the thing is that one of my friends once said that she found it discusting and nasty if a girl did it and I thought about that when he asked,
    I should just say it

Thank u to all of you
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 13, 2008, 09:08 AM

Its really nobody's business, but your own.

Dec 15, 2008, 06:41 PM

Wow I do agree with the Senior relationship expert

I know its nobodys business but my own but in a relationship I believe that it eventually becomes the other persons business.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Dec 15, 2008, 08:31 PM

Have you asked him if he does it?

Dec 16, 2008, 02:04 PM

I didn't need to ask him he told me that he does all the time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need the truth [ 5 Answers ]

I'm very interested in religion (mainly christianity). Is there any theological universities or colleges that are open minded and accepting of new knowledge. I don't want to go to a college that has its views set and refuses to accept anything that doesn't match up with what they believe. I want...

Should I tell him the truth [ 2 Answers ]

This guy Im really into and haven't known where I stand with him because of lack of contact from him texts me on Friday, says he's missed me, he understands he should have been intouch earlier, hopes I want to see him again as he will be upset if I don't. What did I do, tell him I didn't think he...

The truth [ 8 Answers ]

I didn't really know where to post this,b ut I figured why not put it in the religious discussions where everyone seems to go ato one point or another. I just want to see who thinks truth is relative and who thinks truth is absolute. State what you believe and why you believe it please.

Why tell the truth. [ 5 Answers ]

A couple was going out for the evening. They'd gotten ready, All dolled-up , dog put out, etc. The taxi arrives and as they start, the dog shoots back in the house. They don't want the dog shut in, so the wife goes out to the taxi while the husband goes upstairs to chase the dog out. The wife, not...

The truth [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Is saying the truth a wrong thing in a relationship? I told my fiancé that I will have a second wife after our marriage which is allowed in Islam and she turned me off. Please I need your help to solve this problem. Thanks:confused:

View more questions Search