Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jayrere1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Sep 9, 2008, 05:13 PM
    About getting pregnant and what is wrong
    I'm 20 years old I have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years now and it just won't happen I went on fertal-aid didn't do a thing but make me feel sick. I get my period every 4 months or so on and off most of the time.
    Please tell me what you may think I can do
    :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 9, 2008, 07:09 PM
    You've been trying to get pregnant since you were 16? I'm assuming there is a story behind that. Are you married? Do you have a support system set up if you do get pregnant?

Bottmline is you need to talk to your OB/Gtn and set up a plan.
    nicckidoodle Posts: 146, Reputation: 4

Sep 10, 2008, 10:23 AM
    I have a similar problem I am also 20 and my fiancé and I are trying to conceive, I too have tried fertialaid and had no luck I have a period if I'm lucky every 6 months or so, I've even went 10 months without a cycle, going months without a cycle is not health for your body and can be potentally dangerous, I strongly suggest you talk to your ob/gyn and find what the underlying problem is, before you continue trying to get pregnant. In my case I have PCOS (poly cystic ovarian symdrome) it took me almost 6 months of testing for everything under the sun before they found and tested me for this, your ob/gyn will help find answers and set a plan of action just go see them
    april k Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Sep 13, 2008, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jayrere1
    im 20 years old i have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years now and it just wont happen i went on fertal-aid didnt do a thing but make me feel sick. i get my period every 4 months or so on and off most of the time.
    please tell me what you may think i can do
    :confused:
    Since you only get you period every 4 months, I'd suspect PCOS. Have you ever had your hormones checked? Ever talked to a doctor about any of this? Do you have symptoms of pcos like acne, are you overweight, have too much hair in places you don't want it? Why don't you look at the website pcos.insulitelabs.com to see what you think of the symptoms described there. I think they have a pretty nice website and it might help you decide what you need to do to solve your issue.

Good luck,

April K

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wondering Why I'm Not Pregnant.What's wrong? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, my name is Ashlie. I have been with my fiancé for almost 2 years now, and for about the past 10 months we have been trying to conceive. My periods are normal every month, I even make sure to have sex when I am ovulating. Still nothing. However, excatly a year ago I had an abortion. The...

Could I be pregnant or what is wrong with me? [ 3 Answers ]

No period for for almost 4 months,2 negative home pregnancy test and a negative result for blood work. I feel like I have butterfly's in my stomach. What could be wrong?

Trying to get pregnant.. . What am I doing wrong? [ 4 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for the past few months. We had a miscarriage Feb. 8th this past year and waited to try again after the 3-4 month recovery period. We are both eager to get pregnant as he might be leaving to travel for some time in...

Can I be pregnant or what's wrong [ 2 Answers ]

Well I have been trying to conceive a baby for about 6 months and I have been having problems. Right now I am 33 days late on my period I have taken several pregnancy test and there all negative. Can anyone tell me what is wrong

I'm pregnant at 17 but something's wrong [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 4 weeks pregnant and cramping... is that normal?

View more questions Search