Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sandersl26 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Jul 2, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Implantation Bleeding or Menstrual Period
    Hello! My normal cycle are every 26 days and lasts for 3-4 days. I had my last regular cycle on June 5 and my ovulation day was June 17th. My partner and I had sex on my ovulation date and my expected period was supposed to be June 30 or July 1st. I experienced light bleeding 2 days before my expected period and it only lasts for 2 days. Now I'm wondering was that a sign of implantation bleeding (early pregnancy) or an shorter period? I used a HPT yesterday which showed up negative, but I think it was because my HCG wasn't high enough to detect a positive result. Please help or give some information as to what's going on with my body.
    southerngalps Posts: 1,334, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2008, 04:41 PM
    You will just have to wait a little bit more to take another test. DO NOT stress that you are pregnant... that will delay your period even more.

Jul 2, 2008, 04:53 PM
    No, I hope that I am pregnant, that's why I'm so anxious to find out. I have an appt tomorrow to confirm what I have been expecting all along. If in fact I am pregnant, I will be 4 weeks tomorrow. But what else do you think it could be? My cycle are always on time and regular but since we had sex on my ovulation date, it's a big possibility that I am pregnant. And since this bleeding was light and lasted for 2 days, that's why I think it was implantation bleeding.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 11:00 AM
    Ok... I am a little confused. Your last period was at the beginning of June and your ovulation date was supposed to be the 17th. You are most likely to get pregnant around the 17th... which means you wouldn't be 4 weeks. If you are pregnant, you are probably more like 2 weeks which sometimes isn't enough time to get a positive test. I would still say wait a little while longer. When I said don't stress that you are pregnant... I didn't mean that you don't want to be. Hoping that you are pregnant and believing that you are will make your period late. I said that because maybe you will find the truth when your period comes from not thinking you are. If that doesn't happen take another test soon. Other than that... I really don't know why you were spotting. Like I said... it may be because of the mind thinking that you are pregnant. Good luck.

Jul 3, 2008, 02:20 PM
    If you understand how the menstrual calendar works, I would in deed be 4 weeks pregnant. You have to count the 2 weeks before ovulation which is when my last menstrual cycle occurred. (June 5) Ovulation (June 17). If you don't include the 2 weeks, then it will only 38 weeks instead of 40 weeks when you calculate your estimated due date. I have done plenty of research to know how far along I would be if I was actually pregnant. I was informed to wait until next week to retest since it's only been 3 days since my expected cycle was missed. I know a lot of things can cause a little spotting or an abnormal cycle like stress, depression, anxiety, etc... Maybe you should look up some more information about how a woman's cycle and/or pregnancy is calculated... Talk to you soon.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Look... I am not trying to prove you wrong or anything. I DON'T need to look up anything... as I said, I was confused. I was just trying to help. Maybe you should wait for someone else to help.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2008, 03:51 PM
    OP, it's possible that you are pregnant. If you are going to the doctor then get a blood test done. Sometimes it takes a while to get a positive result with an HPT.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 1 Answers ]

-i had my last period at a normal time -i am on the pill, and I took it as directed (yazmin) -my period this time was about normal (maybe a day later at the most) -it started with browish discharge (which I have experienced before) -i used a tampon for the very first time which contents seemed...

Implantation Bleeding Or Period? [ 34 Answers ]

So I had my period on the 9th of may and just a couple weeks later on the 24th of may I experienced some Very Light Milky pink colored discharge only when I wiped. It lasted about 5 days and then it has been nothing ever since. It is now June 1st and for just the past 2 days I have been...

Period or implantation bleeding? [ 1 Answers ]

I am on my period now, but it is really light and acting funny. I usually start my period in the morning and it is usually really heavy for about 4 days then relatively light for 3 days. I usually have really bad cramping, mild headaches, I get very tired and my breasts are usually sore. I also...

Implantation bleeding or Period? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My normal menstrual usually lasts 5 days. I spot the first day, then it is heavy bleeding for 2 days and then it lightens on the 4th & 5th. However.. this time around things are different. My period was due Jan6th. Instead it came on Jan3 without warning. No spotting or anything.It...

Implantation bleeding or period? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok, so this is the most different feeling I have ever gotten around a period. I am shameful to say that the last 2 weeks ago I had what seemed like unprotected sex with someone I used to date a longg time ago. This was a one night stand which I neverr do but I was a little under the influence. ...

View more questions Search