Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babytyrus Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 09:46 AM
    Very concerned/confused
    My husband and I are trying to conceive our second child. My period is due tomorrow (saturday) Thursday I had bright red spotting through the day, that night I had a sudden bleed that lasted less than 1minute but soaked through a pad, my panties and jeans... then back to bright red spotting. There is no tissue or clots being passed through like with a regular period, it is not a continuous bleed like with a regular period, my skin did not break out like it has done with every period I have ever had and my cervix is still high and soft. My breasts are sore and swollen, everything has a "sour" smell and I am suddenly peeing 4 times with every glasss of water I drink. WHAT IS GOING ON?? If anyone has even a small clue... it would be so ver very appreciated.

Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Time for a visit to the doctor ASAP. Bright red bleeding, as you describe, can be cause for concern. Also, the way you are bleeding may indicate a miscarriage.

Apr 25, 2008, 10:09 AM
    I can appreciate the rush to the Dr. answer, however... not very helpful. If an egg has not implanted then my period should be here this weekend... if it has it would be happening almost as I speak... there for miscarriage doesn't really make sense at this point... a week or 2 from now perhaps... but not now
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 10:12 AM
    As a labor and delivery nurse extern I can tell you that my answer was helpful. However, may not be correct in that I don't know your medical history, nor can I do an exam on you.

From your description, you are describing hemorrhage, which commonly occurs with miscarriage. How are you so sure and egg has not implanted?

Apr 25, 2008, 10:19 AM
    I have taken pregnancy tests right up until the 2 days before this began... no positives... there for I don't believe there was much of a chance of an egg being implanted up until this point, which to me seems more like anything in the uterus would be expelled through a normal monthly period.
    I could possibly be wrong but I don't believe a miscarriage is in the cards right now.
    Expert

Apr 25, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Miscarriage or not, as I said above, the bright red bleeding you describe, along with the strange way it is occurring warrants being seen by a doctor.

Bright red gushing blood is not a good sign. Below is the sentence that concerned me the most. We always tell our women to come in if they soak a pad in less than an hour, and you did this in 1 minute? Time to bee seen.

I had a sudden bleed that lasted less than 1minute but soaked through a pad, my panties and jeans
    addyriley Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 11:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by babytyrus
    My husband and I are trying to conceive our second child. My period is due tomorrow (saturday) Thursday I had bright red spotting through the day, that night i had a sudden bleed that lasted less than 1minute but soaked through a pad, my panties and jeans....then back to bright red spotting. There is no tissue or clots being passed through like with a regular period, it is not a continuous bleed like with a regular period, my skin did not break out like it has done with every period I have ever had and my cervix is still high and soft. My breasts are sore and swollen, everything has a "sour" smell and I am suddenly peeing 4 times with every glasss of water i drink. WHAT IS GOING ON???? If anyone has even a small clue...it would be so ver very appreciated.

Thanks
    That similar thing happened to me to. But I was also very ill. I went to the ER, and they told me that I was pregnant. And in the beginning process of a miscarriage. I went to my OBGYN the very next morning... she put me on bed rest right away. And after 5 months of bed rest and 4 months of light duty. I had a little boy. In Feb. of this year. So anything is possible. I would go to the doctor right away. The hospital told me that I was having a miscarriage, but my doctor saved my child. It took some discomfort on my part, but he his a healthily 2 month old baby boy.
    you_know Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2008, 11:20 AM
    Wow. I would go to the doctor get some tests ran mabye even a ultra sound. My aunt had the same problem. I would go to the doctor, it wouldn't hurt!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best friend and I kissed, now very confused and concerned [ 4 Answers ]

I took my best friend out to the movies the other day because she's been having a rough time latly.Its always been a very close and often flirty friendship.so anyway halfway though the movie she starts to get very cosy laying against me and then gives me a peck on the cheek,with that I turn around...

When Should I Be Concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 37 years old and have always had regular periods, until now. Last period started 1/13/08 and I started again on 1/27/08. This period is like a normal period with the cramps, heavy bleeding, etc. It's not just spotting. This isn't normal for me, so when should I be concerned? I'm not on...

Concerned what is this? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello am 20 years old and for the past 4 months I have been getting a lot of bleeding from the back passage I don't even have to pass emotions for my back passage to bleed.Now 2 months ago I found a lump just outside my anus that is very itchy but doesn't hurt until I need to go to the loo.I have...

Should I be concerned [ 1 Answers ]

I'm having a very light period w/ brown blood and spotting w/ mild cramps. I'm also bloated, exhausted and haven't been able to sleep well. The spotting started 3 days ago and this moring I was nauseous and constipated. Should I be concerned?:confused:

Very concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 3year old boy, who complained to me that he's penis was sore. I looked at it and it was swollen real bad, he had no trouble urinating or anything like that, it's the top end that was swollen, anyway I took him to the doctor and he said it was inside the penis and that he might have...

View more questions Search