Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShyGirl07 Posts: 30, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2008, 02:09 AM
    Can a UTI affect a home pregnancy test (hpt)?
    I took a few home pregnancy test but I pee in a sanitary cup to take the tests, I did this today and noticed little white floating specks in my urine, I'm really not sure what this is, so I'm thinking it may be protein or it may be a UTI although I have had UTI's before and I notice them when I get them, and there are no other signs of a UTI. But all my hpt's have been negative. And I am 24 days late and if I am pregnant I would be 7 weeks 4 days now. So I'm thinking maybe that I'm not producing enough hcg yet, or the UTI is messing with the results.
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Mar 31, 2008, 12:16 AM
    A UTI will not affect a pregnancy test. If you see any sediment (white floaties) or anything in your urine, it could be several things and not necessarily meaning you have a Urinary Tract Infection. Especially if you aren't having symptoms of UTI (lower back pain, feel the need to urinate, burning urination, etc.)

Are for being 24 days late, you need to visit your Doctor's office and see what they say.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Mar 31, 2008, 10:31 AM
    You should definitely see your doc for a visit. I didn't think having a UTI would affect a hpt, but I actually just had a friend take an hpt (on Saturday) while having a UTI and got a false negative. She didn't know she had the UTI and only found out when she went to the doc for a blood test, which confirmed that she is NOT pregnant, but has a UTI. The 'white floaties' could also be vaginal discharge. I would still get in to see your doctor. You could have simply missed a period due to stress or no for no real reason at all.
    cindy5691 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Mine too.. its been a year already since my doctor found out that I have UTI.. I took medicines for two weeks.. the painful urination was gone but the amount is still unbelievable.. I drink a lot but I urinated about only a drop.. I didn't take any meds since then... I am 2 months delayed now but didn't feel any signs of being pregnant.. by the way, in terms of menstruating, I am regular!
    A week ago, I tested my urine for any possibilities of being pregnant and it came out positive!. a day after the result, spotting of blood is present but there is no pain and it lasted for 24hrs.. after spotting, I decided to test again my urine.. it came out NEGATIVE!! On the next day, negative again..
    And now.. I already have my mens..
    Is it the UTI or is it just delayed?
    But for two months and I'm regular.. how could that be?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missed Period & False Home Pregnancy Test [ 2 Answers ]

I am 11 days late on my period. I took a home test today, it came out negative. I didn't however do it first thing in the morning, I had gone to the bathroom twice before taking the test. I am wondering if maybe that affected the test results. I am not sure if I am pregnant though, there are a...

Home pregnancy test [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know which home pregnancy test brand are the best results? Let me know. Thanks.

How soon can I take a home pregnancy test? [ 5 Answers ]

I think I may be experiencing implantation bleeding. This has been going on for about four days now. How soon can I take a home pregnancy test and trust the results?

Home pregnancy test [ 5 Answers ]

Can a home pregnancy test be wrong? How soon can I take a home test after I conceive?

How soon after ovulation can you take a home pregnancy test? [ 1 Answers ]

I know the exact day I ovulated because we've been trying to get pregnant. I do not have regular cycles, so I cannot count on the "so many days after your missed period" to take a home pregnancy test. My question is, how many days after ovulation can you take a home pregnancy test?

View more questions Search