Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itspattyduh Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2008, 06:41 PM
    Morning after pill
    Ok so I started showing signs that might mean that I'm pregnant and the last time I had sex was about four days ago.. should I take the morning after pill if I'm showing signs?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 06:46 PM
    There's no way that you would have signs of pregnancy 4 days after sex.

Having said that, if you had unprotected sex then there is a chance that you are pregnant, talk to your doctor about the morning after pill and then talk to him about the birth control pill. Also, pick up a pack of condom's they're allot cheaper than a baby. In other words, if you don't want a baby than use protection.
    rockerchick26 Posts: 93, Reputation: 22

Mar 18, 2008, 07:07 PM
    Altenweg is right, there is no way that you would be able to tell 4 days after sex that you were pregnant! The morning after pill is NOT meant to be a form of birth control! If you are sexually active you need to have a more stable birth control plan (as Altenweg mentioned--pills/condoms.)

Also, I believe that you have to take the morning after pill within 48 hours of unprotected sex for it to be effective.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2008, 07:19 PM
    Yes, it is way to late to take the morning after pill now. It is to be used in emergancy situations where you had unprotected sex normally with 48 hours a few I think are 72 but you will need to read the instructions or talk to your doctor. But the longer you wait, the less effective it is.

So if you are going to be sexually active, get on regular birth control, and also use a condom in addition.

For this time, you have to just take your chances and hope.
    sarah_s Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 12:41 PM
    The morning-after-pill will be more effective if you take it 12 hours earlier or the recommened hour which is 72 (3 days) the maximum. You can take the morning pill but, it'll be quite less effective since, it's been 4 days by now.
    Remember, once you have unprotected sex there's always risk so you better be prepared in the future. You should know that.
    Pixiedancer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Technically some say the plan b pill works for 5 days (not as good at all) but much better within 3 days. I know the sooner you use it the more of a change it has to help. It usually stops ovulation but if you already have gotten pregnant before you take the pill, then it does nothing. Good luck!
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2008, 12:14 PM
    Plan b or the morning after pill is not a birth control method. Its for the occasional oops you may have. It does not protect you from conception it terminates what may have begun (from what I understand)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 30, 2008, 12:56 PM
    OK guys and gals, considering this post is 2 months old, the original poster is either a few months pregnant or not.
    mrj Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

May 30, 2008, 12:58 PM
    Touché! Good point, Fr_Chuck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pill & Morning Pill [ 6 Answers ]

Okay. I have this question. Can you take a morning-after-pill even though, your on birth control? Not, questioning that if may decrease the effectiveness of the birth pill but, will it more safer to take the morning-pill if you had unprotected sex? Probably, double the protection? Just wondering....

The Morning After Pill [ 2 Answers ]

I took a morning after pill about three or four weeks ago and it caused the usual bleeding after a week. I took another one about a week later (condom broke) and again, the bleeding came a week later. I have two questions. 1. When can I expect my period to come? If they were periods, I should be...

Morning after pill 2 [ 1 Answers ]

I took the morning after pill and had bleeding 5 days after taking the pill, I talked to my doctor and she said that was my period and told me to start taking my birth control pills starting that Sunday. Will my period come at its regular time because I'm back on the pill??

Morning after pill [ 1 Answers ]

I took the morning after pill on the 7th and had bleeding on the 11-15, was that my period?? Do I need to be worried?? Thanks

View more questions Search