Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ericksbabegurl20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2008, 12:40 PM
    Can I have sexual intercourse while separated in Maryland
    Me and my husband have been separated some time now and I'm seeing someone else the relationship is pregressing and I think its time to have intercourse but I don't no if its allowed in the state of Maryland?:confused:
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 12:59 PM
    I have never heard of sexual intercourse being illeagal in any state. Someone please prove me wrong!
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Unless you are actually divorced from your husband I guess it could be considered adultery. So In my opinion the answer is NO!
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 450donn
    Unless you are actually divorced from your husband I guess it could be considered adultery. So IMHO the answer is NO!
    Yes but no one is put in jail for committing adultry either
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ericksbabegurl20
    me and my husband have been seperated some time now and im seeing someone else the relationship is pregressing and i think its time to have intercourse but i dont no if its allowed in the state of maryland?:confused:

Are you serious?

Anyway, are you legally separated or are you separated as in "I'm here and he's there and so we're separated"?

If you are not legally separated you are handing your husband grounds for divorce IF he finds out and IF he cares.

If you are legally separated your agreement probably advises you can lead separate lives (and this qualifies as a separate life).
    wilddog27 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2008, 03:16 PM
    I know sex in the state of Alabama is defined " sexual intercouse between a husband anda wife. vaginal penetration only" So anything other than that is illegal. So premarital sex or adultry would be illegal here. Lol but I've never heard of anyone getting arrested.
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2008, 03:40 PM
    me and my husband have been seperated some time now and im seeing someone else the relationship is pregressing and i think its time to have intercourse but i dont no if its allowed in the state of maryland?:confused:
    Lowtax4eva disagrees: this has nothing to do with law, that's why I say this is a troll post, this is a moral issue

Confused by your statement (and perhaps you red flagged me because I red flagged you) that this "is a troll post, this is a moral issue."

This is not a moral issue; this is a legal issue/question posted on a legal board. The person who responded answered from his/her religious point of view but that does not change the question into a moral issue. He/she is entitled to state an opinion - so what if it's slightly off the direct path - ?

Trolls are by nature and description disruptive - and I see nothing disruptive about someone stating his opinion based on moral grounds. Threads often go off in another direction and I don't think you can police a public Board unless the posts are offensive - and maybe this is offensive to you.

If so the person who answered might have offended you but my objection is to the word "troll," which word I find insulting and dismissive.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2008, 07:33 PM
    If you are separated and pending a divorce, if you have sex and not married, and there is more moral issue to the seperateion, like child custody

But they have not had adultry police for some time now. If you are asking can this effect your divorce, yes it could, depending on how hated and fighting the divorce is going to be.

As for an the troll issue, often people come and ask a question, hoping to evoke fighting or disagreement amount those that answer, so if we see a perosn asking a lot of borderline trouble maker type of questions only, many do consider them a troll.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 06:24 AM
    Hello wilddog:

Go stir it up on the religious boards. HERE, we don't care. This is LAW.

excon
    Gregisteredtrademark Posts: 226, Reputation: 35

Feb 17, 2008, 06:40 AM
    I agree with the majority here. I am currently separated and working trough the divorce process. I know that anything I do until I face the judge can be used to attack my character and be used at the divorce hearing. It is both a moral issue and a legal issue, yes it is adultery and no you won't get arrested. But it can seriously damage your ability to receive a fair split of the family assets as well playing a factor with any support payments. Good luck
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2008, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by wilddog27
    Actually if its a moral question then its a whole different ball game.. According to the bible anyone that was married or separated or divorced and has sex with someone else is commiting a sin. now i'm not real religious and i can't tell you where it is in the bible but thats what is says. can't even quote it exact but thats the jist of it. bet i stir up something

Well, now this IS a troll post, attempting to shake things up.

I'd be interested in the Bible quote that specifically mentions separation and/or divorce -

Must be the VERY new Testament.
    Cheshire2008 Posts: 74, Reputation: 17

Feb 17, 2008, 08:46 AM
    Ok I do believe the question was about the state of Maryland
    can I have sexual intercourse while separated in Maryland
    The State of Maryland is a Catholic state and believes strongly in the church.
    I know I was divorced there. Adultery is strongly looked down upon and as posted previously would be cause for divorce. In the State of Maryland your husband would just have to show that you and another male were alone in a room or house overnight together not even proving sex between the two of you. That would be adultry!
    So If you have something to lose property, children, Your Morals (Oops that is already gone) my advice is steer far away from your friend and keep your pants on !
    Or you will lose it all.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 09:37 AM
    OK... some people have me seeing red... I really want to bring out the curse words. (Judy I will refrain:)
    1. I think the legal aspect of the question has been dealt with and I have learned something.Yah
    2. I don't think the op's morals need to be examined by the legal board. What 1 person finds to be morally corrupt another person may be fine with.
    So lets chill out and not stone the op.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 10:49 PM
    Will there be farm animals involved? If so, go ahead. That is legal in Maryland... and Virginia... I believe.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2008, 11:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee
    Lowtax4eva disagrees: this has nothing to do with law, that's why i say this is a troll post, this is a moral issue

Confused by your statement (and perhaps you red flagged me because I red flagged you) that this "is a troll post, this is a moral issue."

This is not a moral issue; this is a legal issue/question posted on a legal board. The person who responded answered from his/her religious point of view but that does not change the question into a moral issue. He/she is entitled to state an opinion - so what if it's slightly off the direct path - ?

Trolls are by nature and description disruptive - and I see nothing disruptive about someone stating his opinion based on moral grounds. Threads often go off in another direction and I don't think you can police a public Board unless the posts are offensive - and maybe this is offensive to you.

If so the person who answered might have offended you but my objection is to the word "troll," which word I find insulting and dismissive.
    Trolls by nature ask a stupid question and sit back and watch people argue about it. Which is exactly what we have done.

The OP did not ever mention how/if this would affect a divorce or anything about morals. The exact question was is it illegal to cheat on their spouse. There is no law in any state that makes this illegal.

Therefore leading to my assumption that the OP could not possibly have been serious. Add to that the fact that this poster never posted any follow up information, or never posted ANYTHING ELSE AT ALL... and this is why I said this was a joke post by a troll.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 09:35 AM
    There are laws on the books in some states about adultery but they are enforced as much as the
    These Baltimore laws

It's illegal to take a lion to the movies.
    It is a park rule violation to be in a public park with a sleeveless shirt.
    No person who is a “tramp” or “vagrant” shall loiter in any park at any time.
    Though you may spit on a city roadway, spitting on city sidewalks is prohibited.
    You may not curse inside the city limits.

Our laws are more concerned with seat belt laws, helmet laws, no smoking laws and trying to make laws that
    Somebody over 190 lbs is not allowed to eat in restaurants any more.

Like Fr_Chuck said
    Your husband CAN use it for grounds of divorce and he can hold it against you
    If there are kids involved.
    What is stopping you from getting a cheap mutual divorce? You might want to consider that if he will go for it.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 11, 2008, 09:43 AM
    can i have sexual intercourse while seperated in maryland
    Hello babegurl:

Depends on how far you're separated. But, if your partner has a real long wiener, you can.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divorced or separated [ 11 Answers ]

We do not know if a friend is divorced or separated she will not say. I odd thing is her husband and her kids live a minute walk away from each other. Have you ever heard of ex's living this close?:)

Sexual intercourse after radioactive treatment [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My boyfriend has Grave's disease and last week he got radioactive treatment. Since we are in a long distance relationship and I had to go with him to the treatment, right after taking in that radioactive pill or substance and was told to not to eat anything after 2 hours... after 3 hours,...

Separated want to get back together [ 3 Answers ]

Want to get back with my separated wife . She does not want anything to do with me. I would like some ideas how to reconnect with wife and kids . Want to win her heart again she says she does not love me .

I cannot orgasm during sexual intercourse, and I don't know what to do [ 2 Answers ]

I have had two partners and have had sex many, many times. My boyfriend and I have tried many different things including positions and styles, and nothing works. I get aroused and excited, but nothing every happens. I have had orgasms from oral sex, and masturbation, and things like that, but never...

View more questions Search