Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyfall Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 06:25 AM
    Brown(old blood) vaginal discharge - chlamydia?other illness?normal after pill?
    First of all thank you so much for this site.Really, I need help.
    I am almost 18years old and have been sexually active with my boyfriend(18years old) for about 6months now(he is the first guy I have ever had any tipe of sexual relations with). We always used a condom but one time the condom happened to tear.Even though he did not ejaculate I took the first pill(Postinor2) after one hour and took the other(as said in the prescription)after 12hours.The pill worked fine,my period came after a week and lasted for a couple of days then after a pause of 3days it came again and lasted for about 8-9days, with a heavy flow(just like the prescription said).A month from this, my period came normally.
    We started having oral sex just recently, and after I performed on him for the first time(I swallowed the sperm) I started having a brown vaginal discharge with a really sweet-ish,powerful(really powefull) smell.I looked closer and I realised that it's acctually old blood and sheded tissue(like when I am at my period), and I am really REALLY WORRIED. I don't know if it's because of the oral sex, or if it is another side effect of the pill I took over a month before this started happening or if I have some sort of illness.. I just don't know. And I am really scared because I read an article about chlamydia and it freaked me out.
    I'd also like to say that my boyfriend and I know each other very well and I am positive he hasn't been having sex with anyone else, and he has never had sex,in his life, without a condom. And I never have sexual relations with anyone else.
    Please, could you help me?...I can't really go to a doctor and check it out...Please help me!!:(
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 28, 2008, 06:32 AM
    First of all I don't think the problem is because of oral sex and the fact that you swallowed. If you had never taken that type of med before it could be the cause of discharge you are having. Now for Clamydia. It is worth your while and because you don't fully understand STDs, to go see a doctor, get checked out and have him explain; take any brochures he has to offer regarding STDs and don't assume, although you say you really know you b/f, that he hasn't been with someone else.
    babyfall Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2008, 09:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    First of all I dont think the problem is because of oral sex and the fact that you swallowed. If you had never taken that type of med before it could be the cause of discharge you are having. Now for Clamydia. It is worth your while and because you dont fully understand STDs, to go see a doctor, get checked out and have him explain; take any brochures he has to offer regarding STDs and dont assume, although you say you really know you b/f, that he hasnt been with someone else.

No I haven't taken that med before. I am pretty sure about my boyfriend, we've been for quite some time, and we live in a small town(where everybody knows everybody), but I guess you do have a point "you can never be too sure". And thank you so much. I will do my best to go to a doctor.

Thank you!
    nonamegirllll Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 10:01 PM
    Omg... the same thing is happening with me now. I toom the morning after pill. A couple hours after. Then the next one 12 hours later. A week later I had real extremely heavy flow. Then it stop and I noticed brown spotting which has the most disgusting smell. I don't know what to do. It has been almost 3 weeks now. I'm scared. Did you ever figure out what happened? I think it might be the emergency contraception pill..
    Vannahrosee Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2013, 07:02 AM
    It is more than likely the pill. I wouldn't be too worried. Everyone is different and reacts different to meds. If you always use a condom CORRECTLY then don't worry about an STD either. And you definitely can't get pregnant from swallowing sperm if that's what you're asking. The only concern is that you might need more sexual education. If you are going to have sex, you should be educated about sex. If you can't talk to anyone or go see a doctor go to these educational websites:

Scarleteen | Sex Education For The Real World
    Sex, Etc. | Sex education by teens, for teens

However information on these sites should not replace information from a doctor.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2013, 10:07 AM
    A "really powerful" odor needs to be checked by a Physician. I agree sex education is required; however, without a physical exam it could very well be an STD (OP does engage in oral sex), possibly long standing.

I wonder if OP uses/used a condom during oral sex. Condoms and intercourse, of course, lessen the odds of contracting an STD.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown Vaginal Discharge - 2 weeks after period [ 4 Answers ]

I am not sexually active (never had intercourse), but my menstrual cycle hasn't been regular for the past month. In the past month or so, I had 2 subsequent periods with only a 2 week interval (ovulation period) between each--my last real period (red blood) was a lighter flow than usual, and ended...

Dark brown vaginal discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I am 31 and taking BC pills. My dr has said that I can take my pills consecutively up to 3 months and only have a period once every three months. I have been doing this since last spring with no problems. However, I started another 3 month cycle about 6 weeks ago and then about 10 days ago I...

Brown Vaginal Discharge [ 1 Answers ]

For the past two days, I have been having a brown discharge. I am one week away from my period and I am on the pill for the last 7 years. What could be causing this unusual discharge?

Is vaginal discharge all the time normal? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 16 and ever since a few months before I started getting my period (when I was 12), I get white/clear discharge everday. I have to wear mini pads everyday or else it will go through my clothes. I don't think it's a yeast infection because I've had this for 4 years. And every month when its near...

Brown vaginal discharge a week before period [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Im 20 years old. Just recently a week before my period is due I've experienced small amount of brown discharge, I could wear a liner and it have nothing on it by the end of the day. It only happens sometimes when I wipe, its never happened to me before. Ive only had two sex partners, Ive had...

View more questions Search