Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smileitonn Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Nov 29, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Brownish discharge only?
    All right so I haven't exactly had my period, I've only had brown discharge, and again noo blood at all, just brown discharge. Now I am on the pill for about the fourth month now and maybe a week and a half ago I started getting the brown discharge. Does this mean I have an infection of some sort? Should I see my doctor?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 05:14 PM
    This really all depends on what particular pill you are on as well as a great number of factors.

Understand though, that the brown discharge is indeed blood. It is old blood that was not completely shed with your last period.

Now, is it TIME for your period, but you just didn't get it? Or are you in the middle of your pack of pills?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2007, 05:16 PM
    The brown dischare could be a "pseudo period". It may be an infection. Yes, see your doctor! It's probably no big deal but take the proper steps to put your mind at ease.

Nov 29, 2007, 05:17 PM
    Well I'm on the second last of my placebo pill, and yes I should have gotten my period like the one with blood:P haha but its just brown discharge, so does it mean I've missed a period?

Nov 29, 2007, 05:17 PM
    And I'm on the tricyclenlo pill, my fourth month

Could I be pregnant:S

Ahh! So scared.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 05:20 PM
    No, this does not mean you have missed a period necessarily. Your periods just may be different while on this pill. While this is neither good, nor is it bad, you should contact your doctor to see if s/he recommends you continue with this particular pill.
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 05:21 PM
    Now, yes it is possible to still get pregnant while on the pill. Just ask my oldest sons, LOL.

Please contact your physician tomorrow and see what he/she recommends.

Nov 29, 2007, 05:22 PM
    All right.. this really really means a lot, I know you hear that often but I'm sweating a storm thinking I'm pregnant or something. The brown discharge is either watery and elasticy per say, or just a clot but it definitely feels like my period, its just not blood.. so its freakign me out. But I will go to my doctor and see if I should switch pills.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 06:00 PM
    You are so right, as you can ask your oldest, ask my second oldest, surprise ** no one method is 100 percenbt

Nov 29, 2007, 06:02 PM
    Haha yeah I know that now..

All right just for some closure, it doesn't sound like pregnant, but more so an infection and that I should definitely go see my doctor?
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 06:10 PM
    It doesn't necessarily sound like an infection either. This could be the way your body has adapted to this particular pill. But to be on the safe side, since your doctor knows your medical history he/she is the one you need to ask.

Nov 29, 2007, 06:20 PM
    Phew. Wow you have taken so much off my shoulders, thank you so so much.
    Again, you probably hear that daily but truly, your doing a great deal!
    Expert

Nov 29, 2007, 06:21 PM
    That's what we are here for!! ;)

Please keep me posted with what you find out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brownish Discharge [ 6 Answers ]

Okay.. so I am a teenager and I have been somewhat sexually active lately. I have never had intercourse but I have given a few blowjobs lately. I am due for a period in probably a week or so ( I don't have that regular of a period or anything but I'm guessing) and in the past week I have had some...

Brownish Discharge [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My boyfriend and I are very safe when it comes to sex. We always use a condom and I take birth control (at the same time everyday). About a week ago we had sex for the first time in 2 and a half weeks and the day after I experienced a brownish discharge that lasted for about...

Brownish discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I am 20 years old and I am having a brownish discharge. I have been having it off and on for about two weeks. My period should be coming within the next week. I am not presently on birth control but did take the pill about a year ago. What do you think the cause is and should I be concerned. ...

View more questions Search