Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 03:59 AM
    There is a plant or two growing on my property I cannot Identify. Found in late summer; relatively large leaves, 1.5" wide 2.5" long tear drop shape, seed pod appears molded as clay to a branch is bright purple in color. As pod matures bright orange seeds prodrude through the skin of the pod and the pod receeds. These seeds look very much like M&M's edgewise.

Quote Originally Posted by rfulton105
    I'm in the Allegany Mountains South of Punxsutawney Pa. 30 miles. I live on 150 acres on a "mountain" per say in a small town of Patchinville.
    OK,I lived just north of you in Dubois for a couple of years,I know the terrain.

I'll start a search on your question tonight,let you know what I find soon.
    Ken

Upon searching I found quite a few possibilities,still not sure due to lack of information.

Could you take a picture of it and send as an attachment in here?

If not, you might try the County parks/Preserves.

U of Penn Extension Service.

State Parks.

All Inquires are in the field of Botany/Plant ID.

Ken
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2007, 05:53 AM
    Where do you live? It helps to identify species from location and such.

Ken
    rfulton105 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 08:41 AM
    I'm in the Allegany Mountains South of Punxsutawney Pa. 30 miles. I live on 150 acres on a "mountain" per say in a small town of Patchinville.
    18JustAsking18 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rfulton105
    There is a plant or two growing on my property I cannot Identify. Found in late summer; relatively large leaves, 1.5" wide 2.5" long tear drop shape, seed pod appears molded as clay to a branch is bright purple in color. As pod matures bright orange seeds prodrude through the skin of the pod and the pod receeds. These seeds look very much like M&M's edgewise.
    Look up Italian Arum and see if that's what you've got!
    rfulton105 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 03:05 AM
    Italian Arum? Absolutely not. However I will try to get a picture of the pod.
    BmbleBee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2009, 01:14 PM
    My mom sent me purple pods with hard bright orange seeds inside. She thought they were from a bean vine? But wasn't sure. She lives in Dallas. Let me know if anyone can identify so I can care/plant them properly.
    saloonster Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2010, 01:23 PM
    I'm fairly certain this pod with the bright orange seeds that look like M&M's is from a star magnolia tree. I just found one in my yard and although I don't have one, they are in the neighborhood. I'm moving soon and I am going to take it with me and plant it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who sings the song "Bright Eyes" from the 80's? [ 6 Answers ]

Who sings the song "Bright Eyes" from the 80's?

Automatic Transmission "2" & "3" [ 9 Answers ]

2002 Ford Explorer. If I put it in "3" instead of Drive, it's in 3rd even from startup. Is this normal? I was thinking that if I have it in 3rd, then 3rd would be the maximum... that is, that it would start in 1, then go to 2 and 3 but not higher. Thanks!

Honda accord 2000 6 cyl " the light "check" is on" [ 1 Answers ]

My honda accord 2000 6 cyl. With 101000k miles is was with the light "check" on. I took To a non-honda mechanic and he erased it. The computer said that the code is PO700, and the mechanic said that it needs to have the "transmission rebuilt", and the price ranges from $ 1500.00 - 1600.00. My...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

View more questions Search